Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in new york

Options
  • 13-05-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭

Anyone here study in new york. Whats it like what grants do you get. Is going too college over the expensive like does it cost more than going here.

Anyone know what a teaching course is like too be a teacher for 8 too 13 yr old. How long would a course be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

cena wrote: »
    Anyone here study in new york. Whats it like what grants do you get. Is going too college over the expensive like does it cost more than going here.

Anyone know what a teaching course is like too be a teacher for 8 too 13 yr old. How long would a course be.

Well I hope you don't try and teach English.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

It was wriiten when I was in a rush. My english is just fine thank you very much. Just cause it may not be written well. I could fix it but I'm not going too.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

It was wriiten when I was in a rush. My english is just fine thank you very much. Just cause it may not be written well. I could fix it but I'm not going too.

Because

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Less of the commentary on the OP's spelling please.

Of course, if you have any helpful replies to the questions they actually asked, go right ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

No grants, there are always scholarships and federal loan schemes but they are usually only open to citizens or green card holders. Fees can be anything from $100,000 to $5,000 a year. To get a student visa you have to prove that you can afford fees + living expenses. There is limited scope for on-campus work on a student visa (up to 20 hours per week) but off-campus employment is not allowed.
    Lots of unemployed, highly educated teachers in the US. Degree + masters in education would be the minimum.

• Advertisement

I won't be doing that. cousin told me last night its costing 40,000 aa year too her teaching course of 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Cena,
    You will have to determine where you want to teach.

+There is no one size fits all requirements when it comes to teaching in the US. Education falls to the states. Some constitutionally guarantee it, some do not.

Not every state requires a masters. Some states do not even require that you went to school to be a teacher.

If you are interested in teaching in the NY area, PM me and I will advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

FISMA wrote: »
    Cena,

+There is no one size fits all requirements when it comes to teaching in the US. Education falls to the states. Some constitutionally guarantee it, some do not.

Not every state requires a masters. Some states do not even require that you went to school to be a teacher.

Popped you a PM, on the above. Cheers

FISMA wrote: »
    Cena,

you can pm me as well.
    letitroll wrote: »
    Popped you a PM, on the above. Cheers

where you happy what you got about teaching

Advertisement