Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper keeps slam firing

Options
  • 12-05-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Ok i have a AGM vsr10 and it keeps on slam firing...
    what are the most common causes of this problem in a bolt action and how can i fix it for a low cost?

by slam firing I of course mean : when i pull back the handle all the way it catches like normal, but when i try push it forward again it slams forward.
    I Believe the problem is that the piston is not catching on the sear thing properly, but how the hell do i fix it??

If it helps, my piston is plastic and my sears are metal.

Thanks alot,
    Avose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

It could be the sears gone or simly that the screws in the trigger unit, holding it to the barrel, arn't tight.

Have you taken it appart?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Avose

yes i have, and the screws are fine as i checked for this and tightened them. Still nothing.

I also then took it completely apart to see how it works, and if anything could be obviously wrong from there... nothings obviously wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

is there a screw in the rearmost of the scope mount's screw holes? That can cause it if there isnt one or its loose.

screws on the scope rail are all very secure. Cant see what the problem is and ive been offered a trade for an ak74u if i can get this fixed. please help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Avose wrote: »
    screws on the scope rail are all very secure. Cant see what the problem is and ive been offered a trade for an ak74u if i can get this fixed. please help!

Where abouts are you based? :)

• Advertisement

Im in maynooth, Kildare, but i regret to say that i found the problem and it cant be fixed :(

Its my trigger and sears... one/both are worn and the only replacement triggers i can get are origional parts and are made of pot metal (zinc or something) ie they're CRAP and they will wear quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Ajusting the trigger pull (possible on the vsr style trigger) solves that problem.
    And you can get replacement seers for the gun (vsr ones fit, and aftermarket ones are steel)

Problem solved.

However, the claim that stock vsr triggers are 'crap' is rather unfounded. I've had a stock vsr trigger last for two years... at 500fps... 328? would go on forever.

You can find replacements, the seers do go sometimes. Its a high stress part.

I searched around for a fix for my gun, and every single place i went said the triggers and sears are terrible (keep in mind this is AGM VSR-10 not the Tokyo Marui version which is probabaly better)

I would love to get a steel replacement, but where can i get them?? Also what do you mean by adjusting the trigger pull?

Thank you v. much, i thought my gun was only fit for a wall hanger!

so where can i get replacement sears and a steel trigger?

Advertisement