Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD media Player 24.50 + 64GB Flash drive 12.50

Options
  • 12-05-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Only 1 hour left 24.50 for hd media player...But if you buy that you can buy a 64GB Flash pen for 12.50... Worth it just for the memory stick...http://www.gruupy.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am presuming you mean GruUpy?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jazzyk

Sorry, just fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Where's the bit about a 64GB Flash Drive? :confused:

When you click Buy scroll down and theres an option to Add 64GB USB Flash Drive to order

ADATA
    Color White Dimensions 69.9 x 17.25 x 9.5mm (L x W x H) Weight 12g Interface Support USB 2.0, backward compatible with USB 1.1 System requirements
    Windows®: 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista™/7 or later
    Mac®: OS 9.0 or later
    Linux™: Kernel 2.4 or later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭podge3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The usb stick is the real bargain here if its that one for 12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Hi,

I'm writing to you in regards your recent order with us which included the 64GB USB Key add-on deal. Unfortunately there was some confusion with our supplier, and the USB keys which we've received were actually 8GB, and not 64GB. Given the gravity of the error, we will be refunding you the full price you paid for the USB keys, and you will get your 8GB USB keys for free.

Please note that you will be refunded for the USB keys only, and not for the main deal (the media player). You will receive the media player and an 8GB version of the USB key you ordered, but you will only be charged for the media player.

We are very sorry for this mix-up and will be working with our suppliers to make sure that mistakes of this nature do not occur in the future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

-Stephen Rooney
    gruUpy.com

I suppose its a fairly reasonable response from Gruupy... but tbh I (and I'm guessing ALOT of other people) only bought the media player to avail of the cheap flash drive

Edit: sorry, my comment sounds very pessimistic reading it again. On reflection I guess I got a very good deal (ordered 3 of the flash drives!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got the mail too, in fairness 64GB stick was 12.50 was too good to be true.. I cant believe there wasnt more attention on it in this forum originally. Still, an 8gb one for free.. I won't be complaining.
    Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

This is kind of unfortunate. The problem is that the 64GB flash drive is what made the box worthwhile. 8GB drives are much more of a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Bit of a joke really but 64GB for 12.50 did seem odd.

• Advertisement

Got the same mail as well, joke alright. I ordered 2 media players and 6 memory stick from them :eek:

I guess in retrospect this was a really obvious pricing error (or product error in this case). It was just the fact that it was a "deal site" that made me think it was possible.

I think that giving the 8GBs for free is a pretty good way of apologising. I also think that they should allow you to cancel your order if you wanted to (I don't).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

We've spent the last few days getting your order ready, wrapping it, cuddling it, making sure it knows how to get to you, and we think we're just about ready to let it go and make its way in the big, bad world.
    We'll dispatch the beloved product "64GB USB Flash Drive" (known as Order xxxxxxx to its friends) to you today, if we can bear to see it go. It's being shipped through the postal service, so please allow 3 to 5 working days for delivery.

Got this today, Right..... the delivery on this item is so slow, offer was 2 weeks ago!!!

WTF is the deal with the flash drive? i got invoiced for it today! 64gb or 8gb???
    Also the above mail has no mention of the media player?
    I have mailed them with no reply yet, anyone else get charged for the flash card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Guill wrote: »
    Got this today, Right..... the delivery on this item is so slow, offer was 2 weeks ago!!!

WTF is the deal with the flash drive? i got invoiced for it today! 64gb or 8gb???
    Also the above mail has no mention of the media player?
    I have mailed them with no reply yet, anyone else get charged for the flash card?

Yup, got the same. You'd think they would correct the invoice description and wording of the email. So amateur......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Is it just the flash drives they dispatched today maybe?

My order has been saying dispatched on the website for the last 9 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Has anyone gotten a refund of the 12.50 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

No refund here yet. Just bought the Media Player so I could get the "fabled" 64GB usb stick. Now I have a piece of crap media player and a next to useless 8GB stick all for 37euros. :mad:

It was the media player i wanted (for a party last weekend!!!!!!), just bought the flash card cause it was so cheap and huge storage!
    Now i am seemingly being sent either of the two flash cards and no media player!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is it the CORE multimedia player? I need a new media player, so I might buy one from someone here who doesnt really want it!

Recieved today:

Hi,

Sorry about that, it seems the invoice wasn't changed to reflect the mix-up. Just to be clear, you will be getting 8GB USB sticks, not 64GB, and you will not have to pay for them. The full amount has been taken from your account, but a refund has been put through to your account, which should appear on your statement in the next few days. You will only be paying for the media player. And yes, the media player has been dispatched, so it should arrive within the next couple of days, depending on where you live.

If there's anything else I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

XXXXXXX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

received it today, media player is quite good (anyone know if there is any firmware update?) and 8GB pendrive with transparent case (look nice)

EDIT: those pendrives are FAKE they have only 2GB chips so DON'T keep any important data on them or you will regret it

ANOTHER EDIT: one of my three sticks came through 8GB test h2testw (google it if you want check yours) without problems, two failed after 2GB

so 2GB may be just due the fact that they are complete cra*p not simple fake (basing on picture that was on gruupy i expected adata not some next to noname CNM brand)
    (note - those mlc chips don't have any markings on them except for serial number and 600700005 & 5200000404, no vendor or chip type)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Let me get this right, they advertised as media player + 64gig drive which turned out to be an 8gig which turned out to be a 2gig?

Am I getting it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

ch750536 wrote: »
    Let me get this right, they advertised as media player + 64gig drive which turned out to be an 8gig which turned out to be a 2gig?

Am I getting it right?

It was too good to be true, wasn't it?

rafaetha wrote: »
    It was too good to be true, wasn't it?

indeed, but giving fake broken pendrives for free is even worse than giving nothing

I am ****in disgusted!

I specifically joined gruupy for this offer!

I haven't got mine yat but what a shower of pr1cks.

ok, for all of those that like play with (and possibly destroy - hey, they were free anyway) stuff:

http://www.flashboot.ru/files/public/Alcor/AlcorMP_AU698x_100128.rar

after low level scan and reprogramming they working fine now, although they had from 12 to 4563 bad blocks

you can change plenty of settings there, including 'optimize for speed' that change write speed from 5 to 7.5 MB/s

h2test2 finished on both drives with no errors. 6.6MB/s write, 19-20MB/s read.

no problem with mine 7680MB
    Writing speed: 10.3 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 21.9 MByte/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GruupyLove

m4rkiz wrote: »
    received it today, media player is quite good (anyone know if there is any firmware update?) and 8GB pendrive with transparent case (look nice)

EDIT: those pendrives are FAKE they have only 2GB chips so DON'T keep any important data on them or you will regret it

ANOTHER EDIT: one of my three sticks came through 8GB test h2testw (google it if you want check yours) without problems, two failed after 2GB

so 2GB may be just due the fact that they are complete cra*p not simple fake (basing on picture that was on gruupy i expected adata not some next to noname CNM brand)
    (note - those mlc chips don't have any markings on them except for serial number and 600700005 & 5200000404, no vendor or chip type)

Hi Guys,

Just so I'm clear, is it only m4rkiz who's had a problem with the USB drive(s) that we sent out, or is the same for all of you? I take it they don't just hold 2GB of data?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

i received an adata 8gb stick (white in sealed adata packaging similar to the photo for the 64gb) and it works fine as does the media player so happy enough for now to wait the few days mentioned above for my refund

Advertisement