Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camera Shops with Finance

• 12-05-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi!

I'm looking for a Camera Shop in Dublin that gives the Finance option. Online would suit me more, but if I've to go into the shop that's no problem.

I went to Argos tonight but the Finance was declined, no reason given.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

I don't know of any Camera shop doing finance, but knowing the type of store that does, they charge HUGE interest rates. Get the money from a Credit Union then hit the shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Harvey Norman would be the only one I can think of, but as mentioned above the CU would be a far better option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PureRGB

Agree about credit union - cheapest option. Maybe consider applying for a credit card with zero interest on purchases for X months.

I think Jessops do finance - search their website.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Harvey Norman would be the only one I can think of, but as mentioned above the CU would be a far better option

I agree, CU is a good option.

HN use the same crowd as Argos for finance, Creation Consumer Finance Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Open a savings account, put in the amount per month of an equivalent hire purchase plan, wait, buy gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

OP - unless you really need it ...don't buy it !

there's no point in putting yourself under financial stress for a luxury item (Digital camera) - if you are willing/able/capable of earning money from the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Or, take out a loan like I did and have the item that you want at an irrelevant loss of 30 bucks a week. Make it work for you and nuke the loan ahead of time. I love my camera and all my equipment and wouldnt have it without the loan I received.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xLollyx

PCPhoto wrote: »
    OP - unless you really need it ...don't buy it !

there's no point in putting yourself under financial stress for a luxury item (Digital camera) - if you are willing/able/capable of earning money from the product.

I wouldn't be putting myself into Financial Stress.

PopeBuckfastXVI - I find it hard to save, i'm a big shopper, if the money is there, it will be spent. I've gotten loans out before & have paid off everything by the date given, or sooner. Its just when theres money sitting there I find it hard to leave it there!

BlastedGlute - I'm thinking a loan might be the way to go. I've put a bit of money aside this month, maybe with that & next months wages I can get the camera without a loan.

I find it hard to believe that camera shops don't do finance, especially because alot of camera equipment would be above the 1,000 mark. The camera I now have in mind is only 400-500, when I started this thread I was thinking of getting one a bit pricier but decided against that.

Anyway, thanks for all of the comments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

I know John Gunns don't do it - I've asked.

I took a load from the CU. They were very understanding. Told them I was in college doing it and planned to make money back from it. Had a part time job to pay it off too.

For my computer, I gave up drink and buying music CDs, and stored all my coins under the bed in a sealed box. After 8 months I opened it up and had enough for a computer twice as expensive as I had planed for! Don't drink anymore either! :D That's another option!

Advertisement