Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mad prices for OOP horrors on amazon. Do peoples really spend that much?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭

Browsing on amazon, seen Media Blasters ss hell pack for over $100 and Nekromantik for $90 are people willing to spend that much or just wishfull thinking?

Comments

An Australian steel-book of the Dark Knight on Blu Way went for well over 300 euro awhile back,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It really depends on the movie,the amount of them that get issued and its particular packaging.

Alot of those "Nazisploitation" movies got re-released over the last few years so would be relatively easy to track down at a fraction of that price.

Things like Nekromantik though are a different kettle of fish.Its a movie that in all incarnations has had a very limited release so would garner a hefty price.

Barrell entertainment released it a number of years ago and its now long out of print and hard enough to find.Then 2 or 3 years ago a 20th anniversary of it was released to a limited run (of I think 150)it had a cert of authenticity,lots of extras and IIRC was signed by Jorg Buttgereit - the director.

Horror movies are a different beast to any other genre as they are a very niche market.Now I dont mean garbage like Saw ie the mass produced,shiny Hollywood garbage but stuff like alot of the Italian zombie movies from the 70s/80s,older American slashers,Underground horror or older Asian category 3 films.

For example,I managed to pick up the limited edition boxset of the Men Behind The Sun movies a few years ago.Tis limited to 1500 pieces,is the only time the 4 movies were released together and comes with 30 lobby cards.I paid 40 pounds sterling for it and know that I could sell it tomorrow for at least double that.

There is big market for things like that,you just need to know where to look.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Thing is I have alot of those films but never went over maybe 20 punts think i spent 15 sterling on Nekro in 2003 or so. Is there not an Austrian company that does most of these for around the 20 euro mark

Is Isla she-wolf of the ss worth getting, never a big fan of the rape type nazi exploitation but to have a well rounded collection I think I may as well?.

I have signed copies of Cannibal Holocaust, Jungle Holocaust, Cut and Run and not sure but maybe Live Like A Cop would people spend stupid money on these? Would never sell anyways just curious?

The last 3 mentioned prolly wouldnt be worth that much to anyone other than completists and given the fact they are lesser known and not great movies.

Is CH signed by Deodata?

What version do you have ie is it the Ultrabit release,the Grindhouse release etc?

Depending on which one it is then it may be pretty valuable alright,it would have to be one of those though or another fully uncut version.Releases like the one from Vipco are cut to shreds.

The Ilsa movies are ok.Cheesey as all hell and pretty tame but Ive seen worse.They did get a nice release a few years ago in a boxset signed by Dyanne Thorn and I think the director.Tried to buy them on ebay a few times but the bidding got too steep for movies that I dont particularly care about.

• Advertisement

The last 3 mentioned prolly wouldnt be worth that much to anyone other than completists and given the fact they are lesser known and not great movies.

Is CH signed by Deodata?

What version do you have ie is it the Ultrabit release,the Grindhouse release etc?

Depending on which one it is then it may be pretty valuable alright,it would have to be one of those though or another fully uncut version.Releases like the one from Vipco are cut to shreds.

The Ilsa movies are ok.Cheesey as all hell and pretty tame but Ive seen worse.They did get a nice release a few years ago in a boxset signed by Dyanne Thorn and I think the director.Tried to buy them on ebay a few times but the bidding got too steep for movies that I dont particularly care about.

Yeah Cannibal Holocaust is signed. He signed all my Deodato stuff when he came over for the horrorthon. Nice man, seemed very happy that I had other films of his rather than just Holocaust. Its the Alan Young Pictures Italian release. I got it in Rome when I went to Argento's shop. Its not as uncut as the Grindhouse one (Have a signed Grindhouse Cannibal Holocaust poster also), its missing (3 sec) the child soldier executions in the docu footage montage. Wonder if this is present in the Shameless release that only has one animal scene cut?

jh79 wrote: »
    Yeah Cannibal Holocaust is signed. He signed all my Deodato stuff when he came over for the horrorthon. Nice man, seemed very happy that I had other films of his rather than just Holocaust. Its the Alan Young Pictures Italian release. I got it in Rome when I went to Argento's shop. Its not as uncut as the Grindhouse one (Have a signed Grindhouse Cannibal Holocaust poster also), its missing (3 sec) the child soldier executions in the docu footage montage. Wonder if this is present in the Shameless release that only has one animal scene cut?

The "road to hell" sequence.

As far as I know the only edition that has this scene intact is the Ultrabit Edition that EC Entertainment released a few years ago.Thats the one I have.;)I thought it funny that the Grindhouse didnt include it in the movie itself but has it on the extras disc.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Didn't think nekromantik was that hard to get - when in Amsterdam a year or 2 ago they had it in one of the shops. At €30 I thought that was expensive!

In terms of Deodato I have both the Grindhouse and EC edits of CH. Think my copy of JH is shriek show (or media blasters). Cut and Run is a fantastic film, really blew me away.

I also have Dial Help, House on the Edge of the Park, The Washing Machine and Body Count .
    And anyone know anything about The house on the edge of the Park 2?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853705/

Didnt even know a sequel was in the works.The first one isnt bad but Hess plagarises himself from Last House on The Left.

I have him on my facebook,must ask him about it.He seems a really cool guy and answers pretty much any fan questions.

Agree re plagiarism but I actually preferred House on the Edge of the Park to LHOTL for some reason. I think it was probably the "comedy value" the cops added to it which sorta ruined it for me.

Who do have on Facebook, Deodato or the Hess or GLR? I know a mate of mine has spoken to Giovanni a number of times, said he's a cool oul bloke. Supposedly hates Lenzi with a passion over the animal cruelty in Ferox.

• Advertisement

I have Hess.

The "comedy cops" in LHOTL seem a bit out of place alright but I think they contrast well with the other aspects of the flick.We are laughing one minute and totally shocked the next.

I think that the way LHOTL is shot is better too,that gritty,semi home made looking footage made it more impactful I feel.

Here is some more info on it and some cool looking teaser posters too.

Linky

nice, thanks.

Heard Hess will only have a cameo (which makes sense given the first one).

Advertisement