Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ispcc add

Options
  • 12-05-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

i didnt know where to post this ,hope i got it right . what is your opinion on the new ispcc add where a poor child is beaten on camera , it is awful to watch .is it to much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭psycjay

Thanks for this post. In my opinion it is a shocking ad and yes very hard to watch, but I personally think it serves a very important purpose, and that is getting people more aware about child abuse. Getting it out from under the rug, from behind the closed door.

However I think the ending "join the fight" is too vague and could be better. Why not give real advice, such as "if you suspect a child is at risk, then call the number", "If you have witnessed any incidents" etc. People need clear guidelines, if they didn't then ads like these would not be necessary.

I do understand that for people who have experienced child abuse, this ad will be very painful. Perhaps a warning at the beginning would be appropriate, giving suffers the option not to watch it, "The following advertisement contains strong graphic images of child abuse".

So to sum up the ad is good but not good enough.

Advertisement