Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Psych Nursing Students

Options
  • 12-05-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys, i'm hoping to start Psychiatric Nursing in Trinity in September and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the timetable is like, mainly what time lectures/placements finish at each day? Cheers (",)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TcdNMPostGrad

The hours are pretty much 9-5 most days, with an hour for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 realtabeag00

Thank you so much for your reply. I should be able to continue a much loved hobby of mine so which takes place every Wednesday at 6pm. This makes me very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Littlell

hi did you get your place i got psych in tcd not so happy and very confused about whether or not to take it but thinking try harder and get first pref next year whats your thoughts on psych though i dont think for me hoping some luck in next round

Littlell wrote: »
    hi did you get your place i got psych in tcd not so happy and very confused about whether or not to take it but thinking try harder and get first pref next year whats your thoughts on psych though i dont think for me hoping some luck in next round

Hi Littlell,
    I didn't achieve the required standard in the skills and experience test so I wasn't awaiting an offer today. I am confident of an offer in August due to the points from my LC that I have to play with.
    Psych nursing is all I want to do, mental health is something that I am very passionate about.
    I have heard that Trinity is great for transferring to other Nursing courses after 1st year but I'm not sure how true that is but it might be worth looking into. I've also heard that many people end up in Psych nursing who don't want to be there and are there with the intention of changing to another discipline of nursing but then enjoy it so much and stick with it.
    If I were you I'd probably try contact Trinity, see what the chances are for transferring after first year. First year is pretty much exactly the same regardless of what discipline you're studying.
    Let me know how it goes!
    Good luck! :-)

Thank you so much this is very helpful I rang tcd and they can't give me guidance until I accept a place and also asked about my first preference appeal which is Ot and admissions said they know nothing of it so not feeling the best but nursing seems so fair and just and a worthy career to follow but I am quite little and don't know if physically or emotionally strong enough for psych and have to pay 3000 for course including registration so want it all to be for right reasons thanks so much for advice can I ask one more quesoob that us do old leaving certain points help with test too hope so and the very best of luck to you hope you get good news soon

• Advertisement

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes stupid iPhone piece of crap

Thank you so much this is very helpful I rang tcd and they can't give me guidance until I accept a place and also asked about my first preference appeal which is Ot and admissions said they know nothing of it so not feeling the best but nursing seems so fair and just and a worthy career to follow but I am quite little and don't know if physically or emotionally strong enough for psych and have to pay 3000 for course including registration so want it all to be for right reasons thanks so much for advice can I ask one more quesoob that us do old leaving certain points help with test too hope so and the very best of luck to you hope you get good news soon

I'd imagine it would be difficult to transfer to another course that wasn't nursing. But there'd be different options if say you did a Masters afterwards.
    You say little, how little? I'm 5ft 1 and 26 but I look about 16, lol. I met with the head of Psych nursing @ Trinity to discuss concerns that I have about doing the course, she was so helpful, maybe you could do the same. As regards points you can only use one or the other.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66094800
    check this out, it's a year old but I'm sure it's still the same :-)

Hi just ti say thanks So much this has been so helpful it states you can transfer but not to midwifery or paeds which if is what I wanted like so many others though I have five years volunteer experience so would consider Id but really wanted the occupational therapy course and feel pretty down about that. Little is five one too but 31 and wanted to start something ASAP not another year. I don't think tough enough for psych but maybe ik just listening to too all the bad i think it's a good idea of yours to go into dept I just wish appeal hadn't fallen on deaf ears was never treated like that in Ucd. Thanks again for all the help your so good best of luck and hope all goes really well

Hey realtbeag00 I just want to wish you the best of luck I didn't take psych nursing but hope you get it I got my dream course Ot and am over the moon all hard work paid off thankfully wishing you best if luck and thanks again for all the advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Hey,, i have psyc nursing down on my CAO and was wondering what it is like?
    What are the hours like and the social side and the placements?

Advertisement