Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginger Beer..!!

Options
  • 12-05-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Who wholesale sells it..??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Think United Wine Merchants wholesale Crabbie's ginger beer...

And a quick google tells me Barry & Fitzwilliam also sell ginger beer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭emo72

is this ginger beer as in lemonade? or real beer that has a ginger flavour. i'm confused.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

there's an alcohol ginger beer by Stones too, called Ginger Joe which Barry Fitzwilliam do as far as I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I had a Crabbies and a Ginger Joe the other day. Ginger Joe is far nicer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I had a Ginger Joe last night (€2 in Dunnes;330ml) and I thought it was ridiculously bland. There was a good hit of ginger at the back of my mouth at first but after that it just pretty tasteless. I'd nearly describe it as a ginger alco-pop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Crabbies and Hollows are probably my favourites, though I admit they really are more like alcopops, not a hint of beer flavour.
    Franks (made my Kopparberg) was much more of a ginger flavoured beer, and a bit similar to Marks and Spencers ginger beer.
    Also tried Grandma's Weapon Grade which was good, but really different. tasted really floral and barely gingery at all.

Want to try Ginger Joe's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Wierd, just in the process of brewing my first batch today.

Got about 11 litres of it. Does that count as wholesale?

I think I need a bigger fermenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Hi, I am wondering where I could get the Hollows alcoholic ginger beer (4% avb)? I live in Galway, are any of the supermarkets or nation wide off-licenses stocking this?

Thanks

Advertisement