Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrian Sutil assault

Options
  • 12-05-2011 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

Sutil gets into fist-fight with Renault official

Adrian Sutil was involved in a bar fight after the recent Chinese grand prix, it emerged on Wednesday.

The F1 broadcasters RAI (Italy) and TF1 (France) had alraedy reported that the Force India driver got into a fight in Shanghai.

The Italian website 422race.com has now reported details, including the fact that Renault owner Genii's Eric Lux was left bloodied after the scrape in the M1NT nightclub.

Scars on Gerard Lopez right hand man Lux's neck were spotted in the Istanbul paddock and a team spokesman confirmed: "I can confirm that there has been an incident on Sunday after the Chinese GP involving Eric Lux.
    Eyewitnesses at the club reportedly saw Lux rushing from a VIP room with blood streaming down his neck. Sutil's friend Lewis Hamilton was rushed out of the same room by his bodyguards moments later.

Full article here:
    http://www.f1zone.net/site/sutil-gets-into-fist-fight-with-renault-official/

More here, in German:
    http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/adrian-sutil/blutiger-disco-zoff-formel-1-star-verletzt-teamboss -17844738.bild.html

Saw this on the Planet F1 forums.

As another poster said, could this be like the end of Bertrand Gachot's career?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm just really curious to see what Hamilton's involvement was with it. Apparently, there is discrepancies between whats on the CCTV and Hamiltons account!

Ficus wrote: »
    Any source for this?

Was a French article, so this is it translated.
    article

God knows if theres any truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Not a good time in his career to pull a Gachot.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ottostreet wrote: »
    I'm just really curious to see what Hamilton's involvement was with it. Apparently, there is discrepancies between whats on the CCTV and Hamiltons account!
    I'm sure the radio transcript will work out in Lewis' favour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Brilliant! Good to see a modern F1 driver getting into a bar brawl. I thought that had vanished long ago with the advent of the modern "robot" f1 drivers.

Cue the next round of new teams:

Hells Angels F1
    Mongols F1
    Pagans F1
    Bandidos F1

etc..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Looks like this is getting dragged up again! Link to Autosport article.

Anybody want to have a guess at what happened? You don't just injure someone by accident in a nightclub.

Eric Lux is sueing him for 14 MILLION EURO.

now thats just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Looks like this is getting dragged up again! Link to Autosport article.

Anybody want to have a guess at what happened? You don't just injure someone by accident in a nightclub.

He threw a champagne glass at him, hit him in the neck and he had to get a few stiches. Or so the story goes.

This Lux guy sounds like an idiot and probably deserved it.

Advertisement