Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Looking To Revive Managers

Options
  • 12-05-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

As noted last night, Tyson Kidd was accompanied by SmackDown! head writer Michael Hayes at Tuesday night's WWE Superstars taping in Nashville, Tennessee. He faced Trent Barreta. It should be noted that WWE officials have discussed reviving the manager role for some heel performers who can't speak at a main event level.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0511/539531

YES PLEASE

Haven't got a chance to look up Superstars yet, but one name that springs to mind is Mason Ryan. He looks intimidating but the second he opens his mouth his accent makes him laughable. Sheamus could do with having Finlay show him how to be ruthless if they hired him back.

So who could do with a manager? What pairings do ye want to see?

Edit: Just saw Starviewadams posted it in the quick news thread. Sorry bud! May as well discuss it here anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0511/539531

YES PLEASE

Haven't got a chance to look up Superstars yet, but one name that springs to mind is Mason Ryan. He looks intimidating but the second he opens his mouth his accent makes him laughable. Sheamus could do with having Finlay show him how to be ruthless if they hired him back.

So who could do with a manager? What pairings do ye want to see?

Even though he is face JoMo could do with a manager/valet before all of the crap about Trish at Mania came out I would have suggested Melina

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Even though he is face JoMo could do with a manager/valet before all of the crap about Trish at Mania came out I would have suggested Melina
    Ah the thing with JoMo is that they already have him on the mic. To give him a manager now would just knock his character back a peg. If he turned heel, then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Morrison,David Hart Smith,Swagger,Kofi...

I'm sure there's a few more too,only danger is if the manager takes the spotlight of his/her charge like Armando Estrada did to Umaga a few years back.

As for who'd be a good manager?I'd say Regal,Arn Anderson,Abraham Washington and Michael Cole would be good at it,and maybe even a return for Sunny!

The fact that they still haven't given Regal to someone as a manager is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

The fact that they still haven't given Regal to someone as a manager is a disgrace.

He used to manage Kozlov and Jackson.

This could be the reason why they brought back Daviari for a tryout.

I'd like to see Jericho as a manager/mentor. He was terrific at being Wade Barrett's Pro on NXT.

• Advertisement

Ted Snr with Ted Jnr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He should be generally managing raw!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Ted Snr with Ted Jnr

dear god yes - i love big ted

well as long as he keeps the god stuff to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

They should rehire Estrada and give him guys like Brodus Clay and the Uso's.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Please don't get your hopes up about WWE trying to revive managers, or the tag division; or turning Cena heel, it's just like TNA's X-Division. They send out 'news' every once in a while or do something small that might be construed as something positive, but the mindset's not gonna change and nothing comes of it :(

It depresses me to think of how WWE split Armando Estrada and Umaga because they were actually getting over, and ruined both of them until they left the company. That was only a few years ago. WWE will have to prove this bitter ol' cynic wrong!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Please don't get your hopes up about WWE trying to revive managers, or the tag division; or turning Cena heel, it's just like TNA's X-Division. They send out 'news' every once in a while or do something small that might be construed as something positive, but the mindset's not gonna change and nothing comes of it :(

It depresses me to think of how WWE split Armando Estrada and Umaga because they were actually getting over, and ruined both of them until they left the company. That was only a few years ago. WWE will have to prove this bitter ol' cynic wrong!!

I think they split them because Estrada was getting more over then Umaga though which obviously wasn't the intention.

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar back in '02 proves that WWE can get it right if they put some thought and commitment into it,thats asking a lot of them nowadays though I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Amazed people want the DiBiases reuninted.When that was done briefly I hated it,it was cheesy and dated imo. Not setting my hopes too high wwe/vince tend to change their mind on things every week.But if they are hiring managers James Mitchell would be a great choice he's easily my favourite if for nothing but the loud suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Even if its only for a few weeks, seeing Hayes on TV again will be a real treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DanVanDan

Sheamus could do with having Finlay show him how to be ruthless if they hired him back.

Really liking that idea, Sheamus defo needs some help or 6 months down the line he'll be gone
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He doesn't need help as such he's good on the mic he just needs to be in proper feuds which he should be on SmackDown hopefully. No chance of him going anywhere for a few years yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if he ever sobered up to the point where he was reliable, Jake Roberts would be an amazing asset as a manager role

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWE already have the best manager in Wrestling,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXpNo_YGNuZJGwC9D8co69WU_SX20VYeW3JOTBdrPMEVfLykdIzg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As noted last night, Tyson Kidd was accompanied by SmackDown! head writer Michael Hayes at Tuesday night's WWE Superstars taping in Nashville, Tennessee.
    l34c16f680000_1_18522.jpg

Source

During recent discussions to use managers in WWE, officials also discussed using Arn Anderson as a manager in addition to Michael Hayes, who is managing Tyson Kidd. No word yet on who Anderson might manage if they decide to use him in that role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Good. They needed to do something, and I guess this was a good idea to revive. Nothing wrong with managers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Source

During recent discussions to use managers in WWE, officials also discussed using Arn Anderson as a manager in addition to Michael Hayes, who is managing Tyson Kidd. No word yet on who Anderson might manage if they decide to use him in that role.

i love arn - i really like his mike style - no shouting - just making clear concise points in a menacing way - couple of current roster members could do worse than learn from him.

as to who he could manage i'd reckon ted - really needs it to be honest - has all the other tools neccessary just missing something - maybe arn could assemble a stable of just like really good actual wrestlers - ie danielson etc.... and let him be the mouthpiece and they just take care of business in the ring - i dunno maybe just a pipe dream - maybe elevate rollins from fcw - didnt i hear recently that a load of wrestlers were being elevated from fcw??

Sin Cara could do with a manager maybe Armando Estrada, Héctor Guerrero or Chavo Guerrero Snr

Sin Cara could do with a manager maybe Armando Estrada, Héctor Guerrero or Chavo Guerrero Snr
    Crowd don't really seem to be booing Chavo the last two weeks, have Sin Cara beat him at Over The Limit and Chavo helps manage him. Otherwise, none of them would work without turning Sin Cara heel and that just ain't gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

ayatollah wrote: »
    maybe arn could assemble a stable of just like really good actual wrestlers

That would be fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

3 Words

Bobby The Brain. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like the idea of Arn mentoring a group of kick-ass wrestlers. Get the likes of Ted and Bryan with him and they'd be awesome...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Piper would be a great manager.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Piper would be a great manager.

It worked well for Sean O'Haire!! :pac:

Seriously though. Em, he's one of my favourite talkers but i dunno if he could transfer his talent onto someone else. I mean, he's such a big personality. Also, I think the last few times they've used him (for a heartfelt promo - excuse the WM appearance) has been absolutely perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yeah I think Piper suffers from Ric Flair-itis. He would have to be the talking point, not the younger guy he would supposed to be getting over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Yeah I think Piper suffers from Ric Flair-itis. He would have to be the talking point, not the younger guy he would supposed to be getting over.

In other words larger than life

Advertisement