Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Ireland broadband data balance checker

Options
  • 12-05-2011 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I got tired of having to log in to the O2 website to check my data usage, so I wrote a Perl script to do it for me. If anyone is interested, I've released the source under GPLv3 - you can get a copy here. It might be a bit technical for regular users (if you're on Windows, you'll need to install Perl and some Perl packages - see the README file for more info). If there's enough interest, I'd consider porting it to something more user-friendly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Love the idea, alas I'm far from being a tech-head and so logging on to the website, laborious as it is, will have to do for now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Cool, but be careful. O2 don't update the data usage balance until a few minutes AFTER the data session has been torn down.

O2 know this which is why they say data sessions should be finished up before midnight when you're paying per day.

Still a useful tool if you've got a USB modem and you disconnect a few times a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 donaghhorgan

Yeah, I've noticed! Still, it's better than nothing... I just added support for Meteor unlimited data, if anyone's interested.

Advertisement