Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish versions of popular modern songs?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Hey! :D

In school we've been told to pick a modern song and do an Irish version of it. Since my Irish is only average and translating one would be a nightmare, I was wondering if there are any popular ones around already that I could use?

I've come across Friday I'm In Love (The Cure) and Sex on Fire (KoL) after a quick youtube search but that's about all.

Are there any others out there?

By the way, I'm new to the Irish forum, so I'm not sure if its for strictly irish conversation, or to discuss anything irish language related in irish or english.. If I'm in the wrong and should have said all of the above as gaeilge, then let me know and I'll, em, attempt to? D=

Thanks a million! =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

tá cúpla ceann ó na Coronas ar fáil. ''Éist a ghrá'' agus ''Tabhsaí nó Laoch''... Tá ''Galway Girl'' déanta fosta le Mundy. Feic ar an channel TG Lurgan ar YouTube. Tá ''Man that can't be Moved'' ''Halo'' ''Just Dance'' ''Thriller'' agus ar áille le feicáil. Scriobh na Heathers amhrán amháin í ngaeilge..''Margie'' a t-ainm atá air. Bí ag feic amach ar YouTube do cúpla cinn eile. Tá neart ann. Bain sult!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

tá cúpla ceann ó na Coronas ar fáil. ''Éist a ghrá'' agus ''Tabhsaí nó Laoch''... Tá ''Galway Girl'' déanta fosta le Mundy. Feic ar an channel TG Lurgan ar YouTube. Tá ''Man that can't be Moved'' ''Halo'' ''Just Dance'' ''Thriller'' agus ar áille le feicáil. Scriobh na Heathers amhrán amháin í ngaeilge..''Margie'' a t-ainm atá air. Bí ag feic amach ar YouTube do cúpla cinn eile. Tá neart ann. Bain sult!

Go raibh maith agat! =D

Thanks, this helps too! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭gaeilgeboy

Tá neart físeán ó TG Lurgan ar vimeo: http://vimeo.com/lurgan Ba cheart go mbeadh na liricí ag fórmhór acu ann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

In the end, we decided to go with Gnéas ar Lasadh, this is how it turned out!

Alas, we were waaaay out of tune on the day, but the girls made up for it in singing it brilliantly.

We might re-record it with in tune guitars because I'm kind of embarrassed that I'd let that happen. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

I translate songs into Irish on my Facebook notes page, I've done some Katy Perry songs if you want me to paste one. :)

Advertisement