Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony 32ex713... RCA Sound?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Guys,

How the f**k do I get sound from my laptop to my telly..?!

I got a dvi > hdmi conector and have a perfect picture

have a 3.5" to RCA lead and cant get sound, tried all the phono plugs on the back and all settings it seems

the sony manual is as good as toilet paper

anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Guys,

How the f**k do I get sound from my laptop to my telly..?!

I got a dvi > hdmi conector and have a perfect picture

have a 3.5" to RCA lead and cant get sound, tried all the phono plugs on the back and all settings it seems

the sony manual is as good as toilet paper

anyone?

You dont.
    At least not with that connector.

The Sony series uses a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm audio jack beside the VGA input for sound.

DVI however , in nearly all cases carries NO SOUND , as this is a modern set it requires the HDMI to contain the Audio.

Try using a VGA and the 3.5 to 3.5 instead

Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Actually according to the manual if you use HDMI 4 for the computer the audio input 3.5mm jack will be used for the sound input for that source.

On the section "Watching TV" "To utilise the TV's features" on Page 10/20 under Specifications > Input/Output Jacks > HDMI IN 1,2,3&4 is says that this is how it's done :)

Manual in PDF format here: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4180171141.pdf

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ZENER wrote: »
    Actually according to the manual if you use HDMI 4 for the computer the audio input 3.5mm jack will be used for the sound input for that source.

On the section "Watching TV" "To utilise the TV's features" on Page 10/20 under Specifications > Input/Output Jacks > HDMI IN 1,2,3&4 is says that this is how it's done :)

Manual in PDF format here: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4180171141.pdf

Ken

I just saw that now, hmmm

thats weird. I cant use a 3.5" to RCA for sound ? I got no 3.5" to 3.5" connector.

As for using VGA, i be damned if i bought a tv like this to use VGA..!

so I need a straight 3.5" to 3.5" for my sound now.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

That lead shouldn't cost too much. Don't waste money on expensive brands just try to keep the lead as short as possible to minimise noise and interference.

Just found this site that sells them. http://www.cables.ie/audio---video-cables/3-5mm-jack-audio/p21_3-5mm-stereo-plug-to-plug-lead.html

Ken

Advertisement