Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue Bill - Moving?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,

I have a problem. I know my account on the ESB is in arrears and I currently have a payment plan with them to pay the amount off.
    As I recently found a job I will have to move in the very near future though (this months) as it is too far to drive all the way. Of course I will keep paying the bill but I am worried about the electricity supply in the new house and I also don't want to get into trouble with my current Landlord for moving out with an open bill.

I just want to know if there will be any troubles in the new house or for my current landlord.

Thanks for reading,
    Ceida

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Ceida :)

Just for clarification: is the account in your name?

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ceida

Yes it is, when I moved in the account with my Landlords name was closed and I opened one in my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Ceida,

Once the account is in your name, that's absolutely fine - the arrears/payment plan will remain with you. When you are leaving your current accommodation, take a meter reading, then when you move into your new accommodation, do the same. Advise us of your new address effective from when you move in there.

Regards :)
    Una

Advertisement