Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip It at Lough Key Forest Park

Options
  • 11-05-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

I had been thinking about going to Zip It sounds like it could be great fun, until I found out the price.

Age 15+ €25.00
    Age 12 – 14 Years €20.00
    Age 7 – 11 Years €15.00

I think this is very expensive what do you think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds ok for what you get.
    Let Zipit take you into the tree canopy located in the heart of the beautiful 350 hectare Lough Key Forest Park and experience the excitement of flying along zip lines, swinging through trees and feeling an immense sense of achievement.

Our acclaimed Zipit Forest Adventure Aerial Trail is an action-packed, multi-platform, adrenaline-filled adventure journey for anyone from age 7 upwards with a basic level of fitness. Ideal for those new to the world of adventure who like their challenges in bite-sized chunks to weekend warriors seeking the latest adventure test. Come and tackle this unique activity mix of zip lines, rope bridges, tarzan swings, and climbing walls with a few special extra challenges thrown in for good measure!
    http://www.zipit.ie/
    Well what a wonderful weekend Easter proved to be, of course enhanced by the gorgeous weather. All our girls were home, ranging from 29 to 12. Our already great activity centre in Lough Key Forest Park opened a new activity, the Zip It high wire experience. Needless to say the girls gave it a go and said it was amazing. How lucky are we to have the first Zip It in Ireland right on our doorstep to compliment the already unique Boda Borg experience and tree top walk? I have never seen Lough Key so busy as this past weekend, there was a great buzz around town too, the Farmers Market was alive with a solo singer/guitarist and the usual selection of great locally produced organic food and local crafts.
    http://www.ballaghboylodgefarm.com/page10.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beetleboots

I've done it and it's fantastic. definitely worth the €25 (i'm 26 and went with a few friends). if you choose to do a few of the courses it can take quite a while aswell so it's definitely value for money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I was in Boyle today (as I am fairly regularly during the summer), and had a quick walk round Lough Key. I have to say the place has come on in leaps and bounds since I was there last, at least 10 years ago. It was very busy today, which I thought was good for 11am on a Tuesday.

The Zip It activity looked brilliant! It was completely booked out for today, it seems to be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    I had been thinking about going to Zip It sounds like it could be great fun, until I found out the price.

Age 15+ €25.00
    Age 12 – 14 Years €20.00
    Age 7 – 11 Years €15.00

I think this is very expensive what do you think??

It's a bit expensive there but it's the favourite place for the kids when we head off in the camper, the whole lough key park that is.

The boda borg is great crack too once the kids are over about 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The insurance costs have to be colossal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

RustyNut wrote: »
    It's a bit expensive there but it's the favourite place for the kids when we head off in the camper, the whole lough key park that is.

The boda borg is great crack too once the kids are over about 8.

Is the boda borg thing for children only?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

dambarude wrote: »
    Is the boda borg thing for children only?:D

No, if you remember the crystal maze program it's just like that, lots of challenges, some physical, some mental etc real team stuff. You would want at least 3 people but a bunch of adults would have a ball aswell and it's indoors so not weather dependant. Best indoor entertainment we have come across in the country. Always open to more suggestions tho... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Did the ZIP it at the weekend with work.. .very good! THe red course is quite tough! especially when your tired after doing all the rest of them!

Interested in the Boda Borg... how much does it cost? And I was thinking of going with a group of friends (We are in our late 20's). Is it challenging? It's not babyish or anything is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's for young and young at heart, went there over the "summer" (raining cats & dogs on the day, didn't dampen our enjoyment of zip-it mind.

Advertisement