Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dublin Clubbing Site

• 11-05-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

http://knowdublin.com

Hi everyone, love for you to review my new site so i can get some ideas on making progressing :)

It is a site, which has information on club nights in dublin (80+ so far and im working on the rest), it will show you the location of the club, the nights on, the admission, drinks price.

Its party piece in my view is that it will also show you the cheapest nights on tonight!

Also works on mobile Phones (mobile version) ;)

Hope you guys like it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Nice vibrant colours.

On Tonight Tonight's Cheapest All Club Nights View All Venues should all link to their respective pages not change the slider. Slider should change itself. Slider links to template page.php, whole frame should link to the respective page.

You are resizing images using img height and width so they look bad. They should be resized to their destination size before uploading. Eg. the Octopussy images on the homepage displays at 85x190, so resize the thumbnail to that and use it on the homepage. On the Octopussy page it's displayed at 300x600, so again resize from 642x328 to 300x600 and use that on the page.

Submit info, Help and Join our Team are just the contact form.

Why would I want to advertise with you? Provide reasons, statistics, costs and advertiser feedback. Think about revenue streams from the clubs/promoters.

Listings appear a bit bare and the type could have a bit more to it.

Try to make your URLs descriptive and brush up on SEO techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jayhassett89

great feedback, all stuff to improve on, thanks tricky d ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

You should put way more emphasis on what is going on tonight, tomorrow, Friday, Saturday. There's too much static content there and I'm guessing that if I log on to the site in a weeks time not much would have changed - if you're an events guide you should shove it in peoples faces that you're on top of what is happening right now.

Octopussy/Muzik/Super Sundays - they don't mean anything to me, so why should I click in to them? (with the exception of Super Sundays because it's obviously about a night that is on on Sunday).

You need a stronger identity. You've no logo, and the name doesn't communicate much. Know Dublin could be anything from a history blog to a restaurant guide. If you're sticking with the name, invest in a strong logo and build a personality for what you're doing.

Get your audience working for you. Put up a Facebook Like Box, get people interacting with the site and each other.

Look at lecool.com for a site that is really doing it well...a strong look and feel, very trendy and on the ball. In comparison your site looks a bit generic.

Apologies if the above sounds harsh but just trying to stir some thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jayhassett89

not harsh at all Clanos, that's why i posted it, the site is getting hits, but not the volume i want, so im trying to improve it.

So I appreciate your input :)

Advertisement