Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the starlings leave the nest??

Options
  • 11-05-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

We have an attic full of them, and between the parents scurrying in and out with food, and the screeching of the babies, im nearly gone bananas! :rolleyes:

Will it be much longer until the fly off into the never never?

And should i get onto our landlord about having the nests removed and access points blocked up when they do leave?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Reliable Starling info here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/s/starling/nesting.aspx

If they are a problem you should get the holes blocked up when they leave as once they find somewhere that they like they will return again and again and...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

The ones around my house fledged yesterday so you shouldn't have long to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

they fledged yesterday! chicks in my eaves are only 10 days old

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mabel

I immediately smiled when I saw this thread. There's a nest directly over my bedroom so for the past week and a half/two weeks I've woken up to them feeding and generally being as noisy as possible. It's a routine starting at 7 and ending at around 8. Much as I love birds it's very annoying being woken up on a Saturday by them, although I must say it's a great natural alarm for work!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭irishshadowfax

I a family of starlings too, and they have distroyed the walls, fledgelings were born lately so hopefully it won't be long before they piss off! As soon as that happens I'm boarding up the soffit. Absolutely sick of pigeons and starlings now at this stage...

• Advertisement
Advertisement