Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele

Options
  • 11-05-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi... So I read the other day that Adele doesn't like the style of music her songs are produced in, she's a total pop-head and would love to be making music like Rhianna etc, but says that her performance style wouldn't suit pop (I assume she means hopping around the stage with dancers and gimics) So she's had to go down the music road she has.

Do you think this is right?
    Is it fair that to be "pop" you have to be able to do all these circus tricks and have a big stage show?

If you were Adele, would you have told the record company where to go?

You can't deny her success, but which is more important, success, or staying true to your principles and beliefs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

good singer but damn shes to ****ing depressing for my taste

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

I'd love to see her do a pop tune :) Surely she's successful enough now to cal the shots!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lamph wrote: »

You can't deny her success, but which is more important, success, or staying true to your principles and beliefs?
    It's a dilemma that many, many artists and bands have found themselfs in . George Michael springs to mind when he sued Sony for the right to cancel his contract so he could do what he wanted .The Beach boys back in the 60s were under pressure to keep churning out the surfing hits but Brian Wilson had other 'More artistic ' ideas going on in his head and even the Beatles themselfs had a long drawn out saga over their recording contract after they split up , which went on for a few decades .So until until mega success comes around , it's a case of the Piper ( recording company ) calling the tune for many .

Advertisement