Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving bike at Malahide Dart station

Options
  • 11-05-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,
    does anyone here leave their bicycle at Malahide Dart station on weekdays? Is it reasonably secure?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 barron

I wouldn't leave it if it would be not some jalopy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nowhere is going to be completely "secure", but you can do things to minimise your risk - basically make sure you have good locks (U locks are best) - they can still be broken into with the right equipment, but definitely discourage the opportunist thief. Head over to the cycling forum and do a search if you want some advice on locks - it's something that comes up quite regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Hey, I know this was posted nearly a month ago, but I thought I'd just let you know that I parked mine there every day for a good two years (to be honest it was sometimes hard to find a space, everyone parks their bikes there) there's two bike racks in the station and my bike was never touched.

On one occasion in malahide village though I came back to find my combination lock was aligned (1111, 2222, 3333, 4444 etc) so obviously somebody had been at it.

As far as the station goes, though, I'd vouch for it's security any day.

Advertisement