Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1910 All Ireland Football final

Options
  • 10-05-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was wondering if anybody knows why Louth got a walk over Kerry in this match. The only info I can get on it is that Kerry refused to travel due to a dispute with the railway company; but a friend is adament that it was because of threats they received if they had travelled to dublin.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

abbeyman1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody knows why Louth got a walk over Kerry in this match. The only info I can get on it is that Kerry refused to travel due to a dispute with the railway company; but a friend is adament that it was because of threats they received if they had travelled to dublin.

Indeed, they were afraid of what the Louth fans might do if Kerry won.......

I'll get me coat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was a dispute Kerry had with the Great Southern & Western Railway Company. They refused to travel.

Advertisement