Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TE Fightstick - Xbox Guide and Turbo buttons not working, any ideas on this?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. I'm having a strange problem with my TE Fighstick. The Xbox Guide and Turbo buttons aren't working :confused:. This started happening after I opened up my fightstick. One of the nuts for one of the six screws that held the top panel to the case had come loose. So I removed the bottom plate and the bottom plastic cover so that I could get to the nut and applied some super glue inside the ridge that holds the nut to keep it secure and that worked perfectly, the nut is now stuck in the ridge as it had been before so thats ok. So I put back the bottom plastic panel, put in all the screws for it and put back the bottom outer metal panel and screwed it in. So today (I hadn't tested it yesterday) I connect it up to my Xbox and find that the Guide and Turbo buttons aren't working. I've tried flicking the switch for LS/DP/RS and thats working fine. The green light around the Guide button is also working and showing the top left quadrant lit up so I'm a little confused to what could be wrong now.

So now, I've taken the top panel off, disconnected all the wires for the buttons and joystick to have a look inside to see maybe if there is a loose connection between the main PCB and the PCB of the Guide/Turbo panel. I haven't disconnected any of the cables but I pressed hard on each connection to make sure its secure. So I connected the stick back into the Xbox but still, the same problem. The stick and all the buttons are working perfectly, its just the Guide and Turbo buttons aren't working so would anyone have any idea to what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Did you perhaps get some superglue onto the carbon contact pad of your Home/Guide buttons (on the Guide panel's PCB)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Have you checked the locked switch? Simple one but it can get flicked without you noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Orim wrote: »
    Have you checked the locked switch? Simple one but it can get flicked without you noticing.

I was convinced my stick was broken for a day once because of this.

I seem to recall having similar issues with a PS2 pad converter recently too actually.

Not everyone has a Chopper to fix their problems.

But with the lock switch, I think everyone will have done it at some stage. It's so easy to not notice but then you get a message and you freak out a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I took off the plastic panel covering the Guide/Turbo PCB, looked at all the connections, made sure the wires were as straight as possible (to avoid any kinks in the wires), screwed all the panels back on...

It was the lock switch... :o

• Advertisement

I've learned a lot of things from working in customer support. But the main thing I've learned is that it's generally the simplest thing is the issue. Glad it worked out in the end.

Advertisement