Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Trouble - Honda Civic 2008 (Hatchback)

Options
  • 10-05-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all - wondering if any of you oracles can help me out here on this one....

I have a Honda Civic 2008 Hatchback (1.3L petrol).... up until today there hasn't been one thing wrong with it - EVER and i've been singing it's praises to all and sundry and more besides!

Anyhow - it was flashing up the petrol sign, and so I called into the next gas station and got €10 worth - (paid 1.54 per litre!) Before filling up the display was showing that there was 8km left in the tank...when I was leaving the station the display showed 6km left and there was no increase on the fuel gauge.

Thinking that there was a problem with the actual petrol pump, I called into the gas station next door and pumped a further €10 into the tank - again no difference.

Can someone tell me
    1) Why this is happening
    2) Can it be fixed?
    3) How?
    4) Any idea how much it'll cost???

Help!!!

The thoughts of having to figure out what's left in the tank without the display is going to seriously cause confusion!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I would imagine you need to top up by more than €10 for it to register, unfortunately €10 gets you feck all petrol now :(

I'm sure if you filled it by 30 or 40 it would show on your gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

I put in €10 first.... and then another €10.... so €20 in total????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Onkle wrote: »
    I would imagine you need to top up by more than €10 for it to register, unfortunately €10 gets you feck all petrol now :(

I'm sure if you filled it by 30 or 40 it would show on your gauge

+1 On that. Fill up tank and see how it goes before looking for problems. If there is a problem then it certainly can be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Sounds like a faulty sender in the tank, I think they are built into the fuel pump and you should be able to access it with the back seat removed.

Don't know how much a pump is of the top of my head but pretty sure they aint cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

Will try that... just the thought of paying nearly 80 quid to fill a 45 litre tank is sooo oooo OUCH at the mo!!!

Cheers Folks -

B,

• Advertisement
Advertisement