Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 & Worst 5 Superstars 2011 so far

Options
  • 10-05-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Top 5

1. The Miz
    2. CM Punk (Possibly Retiring)
    3. Randy Orton
    4. Del Rio
    5. Sin Cara

Worst 5

1. John Morrison
    2. R Truth
    3. The Corre
    4. Rey Mysterio (also Possibly Retiring)
    5. Cody Rhodes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ignoring the perfect storm of issues going on in the OP, Cody Rhodes as the 5th WORST? What the hell? The guy has had the best character in the WWE this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DanVanDan wrote: »
    Top 5

1. The Miz
    2. CM Punk (Possibly Retiring)
    3. Randy Orton
    4. Del Rio
    5. Sin Cara - What has he done to deserve such high praise? As far as I know he's botched a few spots and was moved to SD so that they could be edited for TV.
    Worst 5

1. John Morrison
    2. R Truth
    3. The Corre
    4. Rey Mysterio (also Possibly Retiring)
    5. Cody Rhodes - Cody has been quite good this year after being very bland while a member of Legacy.

Some odd choices there.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DanVanDan

All just my personal opinion, i agree yeah Rhodes has improved his character but his mic skills still make me fast forward.. I have SinCara in there because he looks good so far, he gets some serious air on his moves.. seen him make a few mistakes alright especially on his debut but i reckon he'll go far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cody Rhodes and R-Truth have been the only stand outs for me in an otherwise disappointing year so far.

Punk,Orton,Del Rio and Miz have all gone off the boil as of late,and the prospect's of any of them feuding with super Cena for the title does absolutely nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Best

1. Christian
    2. Rey Mysterio
    3. Cody Rhodes
    4. The Rock
    5. Daniel Bryan

Worst

1. Orton
    2. Slater
    3. Gabriel
    4. Barrett
    5. Bella Twins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Best

1. Christian

2. Rey Mysterio
    3. Cody Rhodes
    4. The Rock
    5. Daniel Bryan

Worst

1. Orton
    2. Slater
    3. Gabriel
    4. Barrett
    5. Bella Twins

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Best

1. Christian - Been superb since he came back from injury and finally capturing a world title sums up why he's number 1. Shame what happened 2 days later though.
    2. Alberto Del Rio - Won the Rumble, put on some great matches and has done some good promos. You'd swear he's been here for years.
    3. John Morrison - Finally got to main event a PPV and his infamous spots at the Rumble and the EC would have placed him higher if it weren't for him being a complete bitch according to reports.
    4. Cody Rhodes - Has had 2 of the best gimmicks in years in the WWE and had the 2nd best match at Mania after Taker/HHH imo.
    5. CM Punk - Doesn't need any explanation. If they put him over more he would be a lot higher.

Worst

1. Wade Barrett - Headlined PPVs and was the main guy in the whole Nexus storyline last year. Now look at him. Just another guy with another meaningless title.
    2. Sheamus - Same as Barrett regarding being a top guy last year not to mention a WWE Champion. Went from champ to jobbing out to Mark Henry in the space of a few months. Built back some credibility with his US title run.
    3. Randy Orton - Supposed to be new face of the WWE along with Cena. I just don't buy it. His matches are poor and his promos are boring. Been a complete letdown. Should have stayed heel.
    4. Alex Riley - Can't believe this guy gets to wrestle the top guys in the company and be apart of the biggest storylines. He's woeful.
    5. Jack Swagger - World Champion to bodyguard of Michael Cole in the space of a year.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Best

4. Alex Riley - Can't believe this guy gets to wrestle the top guys in the company and be apart of the biggest storylines. He's woeful.
    5. Jack Swagger - World Champion to bodyguard of Michael Cole in the space of a year.

Completely agree with those two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Top 5

1. Zack Ryder
    2. Zack Ryder
    3. Zack Ryder
    4. Zack Ryder
    5. Zack Ryder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Top 5

1. Zack Ryder
    2. Zack Ryder
    3. Zack Ryder
    4. Zack Ryder
    5. Zack Ryder

WWWYKI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

glenjamin wrote: »

U serious? I think he is outstanding! I think he is top 5 on the mic in all of wwe!

he has the potential to be as charasmatic as the rock and hbk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

U serious? I think he is outstanding! I think he is top 5 on the mic in all of wwe!

he has the potential to be as charasmatic as the rock and hbk imo.
    I have to agree he's mic work is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Top 5
    in no particular order
    CM Punk
    The Miz
    Sheamus
    Christian
    Daniel Bryan

shout outs to Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler aswell!

Worst 5
    again in no particular order
    Khali
    Bella Twins
    DH Smith
    Tyler Reks
    Hornswaggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy jailbreak

This is so f**king stupid! How are you even determining these lists? If someone won a title that means they're in the top five and if some guy was lowered from the main event to the midcard that means they're in the bottom five?. Jeez this is so god damn asinine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This is so f**king stupid! How are you even determining these lists? If someone won a title that means they're in the top five and if some guy was lowered from the main event to the midcard that means they're in the bottom five?. Jeez this is so god damn asinine.

You don't need to have a belt around your waist to have been a great superstar over the past few months. Remenber, who gets the belts isn't always chosen by who is having consistently great matches, good promos and a good gimmick, storyline dictates who gets the belts.

And likewise, some superstars who slip down to lower midcard don't always deserve to be there. And some people get elevated but prove that they probably shouldn't have with poor matches and promos.

These lists are opinion, not fact. It's to see what superstars most people agree are among the current best or worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Garseys wrote: »
    Top 5
    in no particular order
    CM Punk
    The Miz
    Sheamus
    Christian
    Daniel Bryan

shout outs to Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler aswell!

Worst 5
    again in no particular order
    Khali
    Bella Twins
    DH Smith
    Tyler Reks
    Hornswaggle
    Reks has a great look i think. Such a pity he doesn't have the wrestling to back it up

Barrington wrote: »
    You don't need to have a belt around your waist to have been a great superstar over the past few months. Remenber, who gets the belts isn't always chosen by who is having consistently great matches, good promos and a good gimmick, storyline dictates who gets the belts.

And likewise, some superstars who slip down to lower midcard don't always deserve to be there. And some people get elevated but prove that they probably shouldn't have with poor matches and promos.

These lists are opinion, not fact. It's to see what superstars most people agree are among the current best or worst.

No you misunderstood me. I should have put a question mark after I wrote "If someone won a title that means they're in the top five" because the idea of being a great wrestler because you have a championship was ridiculous to me. And I did put a question mark after "if some guy was lowered from the main event to the midcard that means they're in the bottom five?", so that's your fault for not understanding me.

My point is that it's retarded to create a top 5 worst, A TOP 5 WORST list based on lack of pushes and a couple of bad matches. The only way I could see anyone making a top 5 worst list is if they were pushed to the moon and constantly gave a poor preformance. And from what I can see, there isn't a single guy in WWE right now who fits that description, let alone five.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Someone got out of bed on the grumpy side this morning :rolleyes:

It's personal opinion so there are no right and wrong answers. I personally couldn't pick a top 5 of each at the minute so I won't. But it's nice to look at others choices and then you can argue for or against them. Don't just write off the entire thread because you think it's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Actually there is a right answer; Zack Ryder.

WWWYKI

Someone got out of bed on the grumpy side this morning :rolleyes:

It's personal opinion so there are no right and wrong answers. I personally couldn't pick a top 5 of each at the minute so I won't. But it's nice to look at others choices and then you can argue for or against them. Don't just write off the entire thread because you think it's stupid.

There really is nothing more annoying than someone who says "it's my opinion" in a debate. Yes it's your opinion and it's my opinion that you're wrong. And if I thought the thread was stupid, why wouldn't I write it off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

so that's your fault for not understanding me.

No you misunderstood me. I should have put a question mark after I wrote "If someone won a title that means they're in the top five"

Yeah... Sorry... My bad... Completely my fault

Either way, my point stands. People aren't ranking superstars based on titles, it's their own preferences. Who they think is doing well with what they have or have dropped the ball and not risen to the occasion. So what's the harm? You think it's stupid to do so? Don't post. Simple.

Barrington wrote: »
    Yeah... Sorry... My bad... Completely my fault

Either way, my point stands. People aren't ranking superstars based on titles, it's their own preferences. Who they think is doing well with what they have or have dropped the ball and not risen to the occasion. So what's the harm? You think it's stupid to do so? Don't post. Simple.

I didn't contradict myself. In regards to my comment about winning titles, I didn't add in a question mark (which would have indicated, that I was asking a question rather than making a statement). However when I wrote about getting de-pushed I did include a question mark which should have been enough for you to understand the context of my words.

And aren't your personal preferences based on who's doing well and not dropping the ball? Isn't that pretty much what I'm saying? There's no one bad enough (right now anyway) to deserve being labeled as one of the worst.

Also I didn't contribute to this topic. I do think it's stupid. I'm just letting you know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This is a list based purely on how well they have done so far this year with what they were given.

1, CM Punk: Brilliant on the Mic and Brilliant in the Ring.

2. Cody Rhodes: Re-invented himself and manage to improve on a gimmick he was already doing rather well with. His matches have been good and his mic work has improved time and time again.

3. Dolph Ziggler – another man who has excelled in the ring, done okay with his limited mic time but made excellent use of having Vickie by his side.

4. Rey Mysterio – I would pick Del Rio but he was allowed excellent material to work with, Rey on the other hand has done a lot with very little. He again was brilliant in the ring (Elimination Chamber was a serious wow). Put others over, in particular Cody and in the First week of January Del Rio.

5. R-Truth: Makes my list for his work these past few weeks. Despite the stinking Promo with Jo Mo he bounced back within 10 minutes and has dominated RAW for me with his presence since then.
    Not So Great:
    1. John Morrison – despite PPV main events and great ring showings he still fails to get it done when he opens his mouth. Bragged about changing his look when all he did was grow a beard and wear darker clothes. He botches his own finisher 2 out of 3 times, which is frustrating as he could easily come up with something else he can hit 10 out of 10. Also his promo with R-Truth was just Cringe.

2. Jerry Lawler – Unlike Jo Mo he has done everything right on the mic in his feud with Cole. But a veteran of so many years should be able to put together a better match than the drivel we saw at Mania. He should be leading the feud but he is getting dragged along by cole imo.

3. Randy Orton – Simply because I am sick of him winning matches the same way. His opponent Jumps/Springs off ropes and gets caught with an RKO. He should have stopped using that Finish when he got Bourne as everything since was dull in comparison.

4. Vladimir Kozlov – Instead of improving in the ring, the more he wrestles the bigger the botch! He’s just terrible. Thankfully WWE look to be seeing the light.

5. Booker T – I would tolerate him if he stopped saying right there, that’s my reason right there.

Great post!

DM-ICE wrote: »
    This is a list based purely on how well they have done so far this year with what they were given.

1, CM Punk: Brilliant on the Mic and Brilliant in the Ring.

2. Cody Rhodes: Re-invented himself and manage to improve on a gimmick he was already doing rather well with. His matches have been good and his mic work has improved time and time again.

3. Dolph Ziggler – another man who has excelled in the ring, done okay with his limited mic time but made excellent use of having Vickie by his side.

4. Rey Mysterio – I would pick Del Rio but he was allowed excellent material to work with, Rey on the other hand has done a lot with very little. He again was brilliant in the ring (Elimination Chamber was a serious wow). Put others over, in particular Cody and in the First week of January Del Rio.

5. R-Truth: Makes my list for his work these past few weeks. Despite the stinking Promo with Jo Mo he bounced back within 10 minutes and has dominated RAW for me with his presence since then.
    Not So Great:
    1. John Morrison – despite PPV main events and great ring showings he still fails to get it done when he opens his mouth. Bragged about changing his look when all he did was grow a beard and wear darker clothes. He botches his own finisher 2 out of 3 times, which is frustrating as he could easily come up with something else he can hit 10 out of 10. Also his promo with R-Truth was just Cringe.

2. Jerry Lawler – Unlike Jo Mo he has done everything right on the mic in his feud with Cole. But a veteran of so many years should be able to put together a better match than the drivel we saw at Mania. He should be leading the feud but he is getting dragged along by cole imo.

3. Randy Orton – Simply because I am sick of him winning matches the same way. His opponent Jumps/Springs off ropes and gets caught with an RKO. He should have stopped using that Finish when he got Bourne as everything since was dull in comparison.

4. Vladimir Kozlov – Instead of improving in the ring, the more he wrestles the bigger the botch! He’s just terrible. Thankfully WWE look to be seeing the light.

5. Booker T – I would tolerate him if he stopped saying right there, that’s my reason right there.

Poor old Booker, he is honestly terrible. His commentary at Extreme Rules was the pits. Seriously the stuff he came out with, "Orton gonna beat on Punk till Punk says please don't beat me no more", "We need a medic...WE NEED A MEDIC", he also said "this is a match I stayed away from my whole career" (ignoring the match at Wrestlemania 23) about sixty times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

The Wrestlemania match wasnt really Lawler's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

5 Best:
    1. Miz: By far the best heel in the company but can see him turning soon
    2. Zack Ryder: Made the most waves of any superstar this year with his internet stuff. Deserves better but I do think he's perfect for the Mania comedy segments stuff.
    3. Kharma: Great so far. Making Sin Cara look like a tool for his botches.
    4. Dolph Ziggler pre-haircut: One of the better wrestlers this year but his great run may be at a permanent end
    5. John Cena: No matter what anybody says his stuff with the Rock was great for the most part.

5 Worst
    1. Lawler: Get off my TV you boring old ****.
    2. CM Punk: Lost all momentum he had as a heel. To see where he went from 09 to now is very sad and I can't blame him for wanting to leave.
    3. Morrison: Really worked hard but will never be a believable contender.
    4. Big Show: I hate him. Fat, awkward in the ring and James Corden-level unfunnyness.
    5. Del Rio: Can't see what everybody else seems to see. Boring heel who was given a push but yet didn't beat Edge at Mania. Lost to Christian too. Only redeeming quality is Ricardo.

(ignoring the match at Wrestlemania 23) about sixty times.

I dont think there was a last man standing match at WM 23:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

DanVanDan wrote: »
    I dont think there was a last man standing match at WM 23:confused:

I think he was on about the money in the Bank watch which Booker was a part of!

Anyway, my Top 5 superstars (in no order) at the moment would be:

1. CM Punk - Great in ring, great on mic, great at Wrestlemania.
    2. The Miz - Wasn't big on him winning the gold back in November, but he has grown on me so much. I get a little excited every time he comes to the ring.
    3. Shemus - Was great during his US Title run. Needs to be pushed back to main event.
    4. Daniel Bryan - Always puts on a quality match, needs to be pushed also.
    5. Del Rio - Great gimmick, great potential and great personal ring announcer ;)

My 5 worst:

1. Alex Riley - God this guy really grinds my gears. It sickens me thinking of him being involved with Cena and the rock.
    2. Rey Mysterio - He just annoys me so much, great for the kids put gets really boring.
    3. David Otunga - The most irrelevant wrestler in history.
    4. Michael Cole - Stop it now, just stop it. Leave him behind the commentary desk.
    5. Kofi Kingston - See No. 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement