Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper back stretches

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all, have a weird problem with my upper back (between my shoulder blades). Any time I move a certain way or move my arms backwards past my shoulders I get a series of clicks and pops in my spine. Someone who does yoga told me if your hearing these little pops then you need to stretch out that area more or your postures perhaps a bit off.

There's no pain so I'm not legging it the doctor anytime soon but I just don't think my back should be making these noises :D. Especially seen as I keep myself fairly fit and active. Are there any simple stretches or poses I could do to isolate that part of the back? I reckon it's mainly a posture thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Tbh, if I was hearing my spine make noises, regardless of pain, I'd be getting that checked out! :eek:

For posture, Pilates is really good. Many Pilates teachers are also physiotherapists, so I'd try to find one lthat is, if I were you. That way, you can be absolutely sure that any poses you do don't aggrevate your back :)

Advertisement