Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Senior Football and Hurling Championship Twitter Updates

Options
  • 10-05-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

For those of you interested both at home and abroad I have recently set up a Twitter account which provides Match Day updates for the Dublin Senior Football championship.

It kicked off at the weekend and gathered over 200 followers in the first 2 days. As a result of this I decided to launch a Hurling equivalent for the Dublin Senior Hurling Championship which kicks off in Dublin tomorrow evening. (See Friends of Dublin Hurling Website re our service: http://tinyurl.com/6ykcjma )

Please feel free to check out the links to both pages below and if you have a Twitter account please 'Follow' us and spread the word.

For those who do not have Twitter you can still follow all the updates just by clicking on the below links.

All feedback welcome too.

Thank you.

Senior Football: @DublinSFC_2011

Tag: #DublinSFC

Link: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinSFC_2011

Senior Hurling: @DublinSHC_2011

Tag: #DublinSHC

Link: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinSHC_2011

Screenshot of Updates:

optimizedphoto1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Followed some of the football matches on it last week. Great stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Have to say it was excellent. B Brogan was requesting retweets. Thats where i saw it. Will be at the Cuala-Boden game tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

thegen wrote: »
    Have to say it was excellent. B Brogan was requesting retweets. Thats where i saw it. Will be at the Cuala-Boden game tomorrow night.

No need to attend the Boden v Cuala game, there will be score by score updates on Twitter, ha.

thegen wrote: »

No need to attend the Boden v Cuala game, there will be score by score updates on Twitter. You can stay at home and relax on the couch, ha.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Fair dues to you - great to see someone with initiative to promote local games and let people know whats happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

2BT wrote: »
    No need to attend the Boden v Cuala game, there will be score by score updates on Twitter. You can stay at home and relax on the couch, ha.

Might even see you up there, the one with the phone glued to hands and typing furiously!!!!

I have merged the above 2 Twitter Accounts.

All future updates for those interested can be found at:
    http://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker

@DubMatchTracker

Also, when we reach the 1,000 followers mark one lucky follower will win a signed Training Top belonged to Dublin Footballer and Player of the Year 2010 from the International Rules Series with a personalized message to the winner.

So follow us and don't forget to get your friends to follow us and give us a #ff recommendation tomorrow (follow Friday).

photo2krw.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Best of luck with this, I'll even dust off my twitter account and follow you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Both pages deleted?

• Advertisement

Both pages deleted?

Both pages merged to make @DubMatchTracker

Please follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭The Rooster

@DubMatchTracker is an excellent resource for Dublin followers. Fantastic coverage of club championship games, and great to get updates on challenge games, Dublin juniors, etc. Really appreciated by me because I'm not able to get to any club games, but I love to keep an interest from afar.

Hopefully more people will tweet also on club league games, at all levels. So far I've noticed @ranelaghgaels giving results/reports from Division 8 and @Maursman giving results from Division 2 in football and 6 in hurling. Johnny Magee (@JohnnyMagee06) mentioned last night that Crokes were beaten by St Marys in Div 1!

For league games, probably useful to use hashtags #AFL1, #AFL2, #AHL1, #AHL2, etc.

Cheers for that The Rooster. Since your post we have tried to bring people AFL results using your hashtag suggestion. Much appreciated.

Also,

Just wanted to let you know, for anyone interested, @DubMatchTracker will be providing simultaneous live score by score updates on Twitter from 7.25pm this evening for:

Dublin U21 Hurlers v Carlow, Dr. Cullen Park @ 7.30pm #DublinU21LHC

&

Dublin Junior Footballers v Kildare, Parnell Park @ 7.30pm #DublinLJFC

http://twitter.com/#!/DubMatchTracker

Just wanted to let you know, for anyone interested, @DubMatchTracker will be providing simultaneous live score by score updates on Twitter from 7.25pm this evening for:

Dublin U21 Hurlers v Carlow, Dr. Cullen Park @ 7.30pm #DublinU21LHC

&

Dublin Junior Footballers v Kildare, Parnell Park @ 7.30pm #DublinLJFC

http://twitter.com/#!/DubMatchTracker

Excellent. I'll be following.

I note a poster mentioned on the ResDubs site that @DubMatchTracker will be doing updates for these games - and his posts were deleted!
    Approval denied from the mods to publish links to this service.

Wow! An incredible case of petty small-mindedness by that mod!
    Hopefully he'll be put right be the decent mods on the site, who can explain to him the difference between twitter and discussions forums.

For all Club Championship and Inter County action in Dublin, follow @DubMatchTracker on Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/search/dubmatchtracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Excellent. I'll be following.

I note a poster mentioned on the ResDubs site that @DubMatchTracker will be doing updates for these games - and his posts were deleted!
    Approval denied from the mods to publish links to this service.

Wow! An incredible case of petty small-mindedness by that mod!
    Hopefully he'll be put right be the decent mods on the site, who can explain to him the difference between twitter and discussions forums.

There will be a new Dublin GAA site perhaps launching soon.

Alaska1 wrote: »
    There will be a new Dublin GAA site perhaps launching soon.

Tell us more??

Tell us more??

At advanced staged at present, more club focused and general GAA discussion as opposed to having politics / soccer etc discussed.

Just everything Dublin GAA.

At advanced staged at present, more club focused and general GAA discussion as opposed to having politics / soccer etc discussed.

Sounds great. Would definitely be interested in a forum like that. Theres definitely a market for it I think.

Sounds great. Would definitely be interested in a forum like that. Theres definitely a market for it I think.

Hopefully it takes off. I will post more details when I have them to hand.

Club scene in Dublin needs to be rejuvinated, discussion etc (within bounderies of course)

Things like Twitter and Resevoir Dubs is great, but would like a dedicated forum for just Dublin football / Club scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

So basically a Reservoir Dubs lite?

Good luck with that, keeping people's emotions in check when it comes to club loyalties etc will have the DCB breathing down your neck after too long.

dcr22B wrote: »
    So basically a Reservoir Dubs lite?

Good luck with that, keeping people's emotions in check when it comes to club loyalties etc will have the DCB breathing down your neck after too long.

Not really tbh, it isn't running up against that site, anybody who did that would be foolish, it's a great site.

It's more of just a GAA site as opposed to a site with Soccer / Rugby / all other sports on it also.

It will be mainly aimed at the club scene, and will be run by the county board before anything is set up.

The need for a dedicated club forum is what is needed, it will be run by club folk.

What's really needed is for Reservoir Dubs to come under new stewardship. "Mr White" has been threatening to give it up for all the years I've been lurking on it, but unfortunately is not a man of his word.

The posters on the site are in main really good. In particular the knowledge on club football and Dublin hurling is superb. But the admins do their level best to stiffle discussion and the mods just follow orders.

Great example at the moment is that nobody is allowed post any comments regarding AFL1, AFL6 and AFL9. Results only. One person in each thread posted something that was deemed insuitable, and BANG, thread locked - nobody allowed comment any more. Even the most basic comment thats put in gets deleted. And anytime someone asks for the proper threads to be re-opened it just seems to add to their determination to keep it closed. "We have the power" type shyte.

The posters on the site are in main really good. In particular the knowledge on club football and Dublin hurling is superb. But the admins do their level best to stiffle discussion and the mods just follow orders.
    How do you know that? If you're not a mod, how do you know we follow orders?

For somebody who supposedly lurks on the site, you seem to have a very strong opinion of it.

If you had any issues in the past, why did you not raise it with the mods or admins? We're not tyrants or crazed power merchants.

In relation to the club threads, each of the ones you mentionned had a valid reason for being restricted. There are rules and regulations to be adhered to and each member signed up to obey these and some people chose not to tow the line. Unfortunately, other users have been affected by it but why not criticize those who got the thread closed in the first place.

I'm quite happy to take any questions from you by PM and try and address your concerns but I would appreciate if the bitchy comments about users of other sites could be kept off here as I'm sure the admins on this forum wouldn't appreciate it either.

How do you know that? If you're not a mod, how do you know we follow orders?

For somebody who supposedly lurks on the site, you seem to have a very strong opinion of it.

If you had any issues in the past, why did you not raise it with the mods or admins? We're not tyrants or crazed power merchants.

In relation to the club threads, each of the ones you mentionned had a valid reason for being restricted. There are rules and regulations to be adhered to and each member signed up to obey these and some people chose not to tow the line. Unfortunately, other users have been affected by it but why not criticize those who got the thread closed in the first place.

I'm quite happy to take any questions from you by PM and try and address your concerns but I would appreciate if the bitchy comments about users of other sites could be kept off here as I'm sure the admins on this forum wouldn't appreciate it either.

No offence Dcr but you are like a puppet of sorts here. No doubting you do splendid work on the site like many of the other MOD's there.

Why would you not bad the person who made the comments in say the AFL 1, 6 or 9 threads as opposed to locking them altogether ? ? Can that be explained, as it just seems it is an abuse of power ? again I do not mean for this to come out Resser v us etc.

Just for the record, a site can only be held liable / resonsible for comments that the site refuses to take down. I have double checked this for the forum I am currently looking to get online.

To be honest, this is not the place to be discussing how we run our forum. If you want to ask me any questions, I'll gladly answer them (within reason) by PM but on the condition that any response I give is treated with the strictest of confidence.

To be honest, this is not the place to be discussing how we run our forum. If you want to ask me any questions, I'll gladly answer them (within reason) by PM but on the condition that any response I give is treated with the strictest of confidence.

Run our forum ???? That comment speaks volumes to me.

There is no point sending a PM, if I was too you would be unindated with PM's asking the same questions over and over again.

In all seriousness though, there is very little GAA discussion of sorts and more geared towards jokes etc etc.

I feel I am getting a bit off point here. I suppose the grievence many people have is the club forum, that's what alot of people stay for these days, well from the ones whom I have spoken to.

As I have alluded to previously the way threads are locked is silly at times, the poster could or should be banned as opposed to locking the thread, as I have said previously no action can be takin on the site no matter what is said unless you refuse to take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Ok this thread has gone way off the point. It's been said already that this isn't the place to discuss other forums and that's the way it's going to be. I'm happy to leave the thread here so more people can get info about this new twitter account, but its served its purpose and is going to be locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement