Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Swap

Options
  • 10-05-2011 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am currently teaching in the Laois/Carlow/Kildare area. I am looking to move to the Limerick/West Limerick area over the next year or so. I'm aware of a job swap programme that exists. Could anyone advise me any further on this or any other possibilities please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

I don't know any job-swap scheme are you sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dgc1980

I'm pretty sure something along these lines is in place. as long as both schools are in agreement then it can go ahead. That is all i have heard about it and have yet to see documentation. I think the INTO's December issue has a slip that you fill up and post off and they correlate all applications and get back to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Years ago you used to see ads in the newspapers along the lines of 'Teacher, North Kerry, 2 teacher school, wishes to swap with similar in Clare'.
    I haven't seen them in years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The ASTI magazine has ads like that the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

I know now what you mean about swap, but as far as I know DCG1980 you have to firstly find a swap partner and then have to the powers that be ) both Boards of managements) to agree.

You could try redeploment - depends on your sector - other factors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Dahix

I agree with art teacher

Talk to your principal about redeployment. If your school is over quita he may be happy to do so. Now I know redeployment is usually within your own area, but perhaps they could make a special arrangment in your case.

Worth a shot anyway.

Advertisement