Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorway Planning Query

Options
  • 09-05-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hello,

I hope someone can enlighten me in this.
    I am looking to buy some land, which is surrounded by motorway. 15 acres . It is a quite noisy spot - but because of this, good value for money.
    If i buy this land, can i do what i want with it,even tho it is next to a motorway? ie - would i be able to put up nise barriers at my side of the motorway fence - maybe concrete wall, or earth mound? but what then if a car crashes try the motor way barrier, and hits my concrete wall? would i get into trouble?

Thanks,
    Jo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

You would almost certainly require Planning Permission for any sort of barrier and you may well find the National Roads Authority would have an opinion on that score :rolleyes:

Advertisement