Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grant Query

Options
  • 09-05-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everybody,
    I just have a question about the maintenance grant. I'm currently nearing the end of my first year of a level 8 course, I have recieved the maintenance grant at the full adjacent rate all through the year. If I don't fail my exams I was planning on dropping out and working for the next year as I don't like the course. I wish to apply to a three year level 7 course through the CAO during that year. I just wanted to know if my previously completed year would make me ineligible to recieve the grant when I return to do a level 7 course. Any help would be great, thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 skinnybear

B.K wrote: »
    Hi everybody,
    I just have a question about the maintenance grant. I'm currently nearing the end of my first year of a level 8 course, I have recieved the maintenance grant at the full adjacent rate all through the year. If I don't fail my exams I was planning on dropping out and working for the next year as I don't like the course. I wish to apply to a three year level 7 course through the CAO during that year. I just wanted to know if my previously completed year would make me ineligible to recieve the grant when I return to do a level 7 course. Any help would be great, thanks in advance!:)

Hey, You will not recieve a grant for the first year of study of your new level 7 course but should recieve one for the last 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 B.K

Awh okay, well thanks for the help!

Advertisement