Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT courses in LYIT

Options
  • 09-05-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I'm interested in studying some IT related course in LYIT next year and I was wondering which one you personally think is best.
    I'm also open to doing the computer/ mechanical engineering courses but I wondering if anyone on boards.ie has any experience or opinion on them.
    I know a lot of information is available on the IT website but I'm looking for personal opinion.

I don't have a huge knowledge of IT TBH but I'm planning on meddling with and hopefully learning some programming language ahead of any coursework over the summer.
    What courses would have the best career opportunities in your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i dunno which one is the best probably depends on what you want to do. if your learning a programming language for one of the computer courses learn java all the courses do it, some do other languages aswell. the engineering courses use c++ but not sure if mechanical engineering does programming electrical does though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Electronic/Computer Engineering do C, not C++. Also do VHDL in 2nd and 3rd year.

Not aware of Mech Eng doing programming.

Advertisement