Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loss of appetite when anxious?

Options
  • 09-05-2011 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have had a few spells of stress/ anxiety and mild depression these last few years. When it gets bad my appetite gets really poor and i'll ony eat maybe once a day and only someting small like toast or a little pain pasta. I usually feel terrible after eating more than i feel up to but if I dont, i know i'll be so tired. Should I be pushing myself to eat more than i feel like or just kind of riding the spell out untill my appetite gets better and putting up with the tiredness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Little_Foot

Hi, I struggle with anxiety as well, and do find that I eat very little when my anxiety levels are high. Some of that is because most things will make me feel ill when I'm anxious, and some of that is that anxiety is sort of an all consuming entity and I just don't have the energy to devote to anything (let alone eating!) other than getting through the panic to a sustainable place. I've taken to drinking Boost drinks, either boost plus for weight gain or boost high protein when I'm feeling anxious. It's one of the few things my stomach can tolerate/I can hold down and at least that way I have enough energy to survive the anxiety fit. I tend to carry them with me if I feel a spell coming on, that way I always have them on hand and I can just sip on them little by little throughout the day. Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Little_Foot

Eeep! Just read the mental health advice sticky, probably should have read that first (SO SORRY). If my post was out of line please delete it. I'll be more careful in the future. Sorry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Both of you - Personal Issues under Soc is probably more relevant.

LittleFoot - apology accepted!

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement