Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind

Options
  • 09-05-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hate it, Is Ireland the windiest place on the planet? It seems the last month has brought persistent wind, why? and is it going to p*** of anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Totally agree M8 - for the last 10 days our so there has been no let up in a nagging 15knot(at least) breeze. The only wind I'm interested in is big storms or tornados, other then that it is one of the most annoying aspects of our climate:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If there was no wind ye'd be complaining about midges, I know which I rather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 music crazy

Its driving me mad at the moment too but what can you do to avoid it , leave the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

We Irish love to moan about the weather, nothing is ever good enough eh?

When the winds die down the people will be on complaining about flyinf kites and wind surfing...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Nabber wrote: »
    We Irish love to moan about the weather, nothing is ever good enough eh?

Believe me it's not only the Irish :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I hate it, Is Ireland the windiest place on the planet?

No, but we are high enough for massive spending on wind generated energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Granted, complaining won't change anything, but people are bound to complain about sh1t weather - don't see how "You're never happy" is remotely relevant in the context of complaining about the awfulness of conditions at the moment. Should people be happy about dark clouds, pissing rain and gale-force winds in May like? And as for "People will be complaining just as much when it improves"... er, they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Dudess wrote: »
    Should people be happy about dark clouds, pissing rain and gale-force winds in May like? .

Well, it was forecast, but I guess we forget. We were told way back in January that our summer was going to be bad we had a clear clue with our very early and short spring, with everything flowering furiously and the Cherry Blossoms a whole month early this year.

It's not like we've been taken by surprise, maybe a little sad that we do get the poor weather but tend to miss the big events like good dry and sunny spells to compensate when it's warm and not in September when it's already getting cold.

And still, Ireland as a whole is still escaping the worst that this current weather system has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

And as for "People will be complaining just as much when it improves"... er, they won't.
    ...er they will. When the weather was good in April i heard numerous people comment on how it was "too warm", "awful close", and it was hardly even 20 degrees. As long as people are alive they will complain about the weather.

...er they will. When the weather was good in April i heard numerous people comment on how it was "too warm", "awful close", and it was hardly even 20 degrees. As long as people are alive they will complain about the weather.
    Fair enough, but if the weather gets good again, there won't be the same numbers complaining about it as at the moment - nor will it always be the same people. The "You're never happy" line is as typical as the complaining by some when the weather's good.

And saying "Nothing's ever good enough eh?" in relation to complaining about the shyte-ness up to last night is a tad disingenuous I'm sure you'll agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wind is poxy. I'm heading off fishing next week and if the wind stays like this, I'll have to spend the week in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Yea, cycling to and from work over the past 2 weeks has been tough. Wind seems to be always in my face.The hills tease the oul legs but the wind kills ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

oterra wrote: »
    Yea, cycling to and from work over the past 2 weeks has been tough. Wind seems to be always in my face.The hills tease the oul legs but the wind kills ya!!

Same boat here man ha. I dont mind a bit of wind at all generally but it does spoil my cycle to work something terribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Moving timber yesterday I was tortured by the midget. Come back Wind all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

had enough of this wind, BBQ cover keeps blowing away, washing gets blown off the line and doors slamming all over the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

gbee wrote: »
    Well, it was forecast, but I guess we forget. We were told way back in January that our summer was going to be bad

Long range forecasts are iffy at best. The met offices in both the UK and Ireland get them more wrong than right usually. I personally don't believe it's possible to predict more than three or four days in advance.

Yet another day has just gone with 10 minute means again reaching 20+ knots - its been like this now pretty much since Easter ie. cool and windy with a high wind chill:(

Finding it really chilly for May this evening - put on the heating for a bit and I'm not a cold person.

Finding it really chilly for May this evening - put on the heating for a bit and I'm not a cold person.

Yeah - feels more like mid-March then mid-May:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Better than that feckin sun and its 20c temps..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭pauldry

bryaner wrote: »
    Better than that feckin sun and its 20c temps..;)

actually id much prefer the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

pauldry wrote: »
    actually id much prefer the sun

Your not great on picking up sarcasm..:)

Advertisement