Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorised Transport Grant

Options
  • 09-05-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Im about to turn 17 next month and have a disability and all that stuff

I was just wondering does anyone know if the grant above can be back backdated or is it a case of waiting for the H.S.E to do all their paperwork before i can buy anything i'm eager to get driving as are my parents as i cannot walk very far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Hey Darragh,

Have you already applied for the grant? Im not sure if you get back dated, i know you have to have bought a new car from garage and you will get reimbursed when the grant comes through.

Let us know how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, are you referring to the VRT/VAT exemption for disabled drivers/passengers? If so, the starting point is obtaing a Primary Medical Cert. The rules regarding the issuing these are strictly enforced and are below. To start proceedings, fill out an application form. Good luck.
    Medical Criteria

The medical criteria for entry to the Scheme are that the person must be severely and permanently disabled and come within at least one of the following categories:

Be wholly or almost wholly without the use of both legs.
    Be wholly without the use of one of their legs and almost wholly without the use of the other leg such that they are severely restricted as to movement of their lower limbs.
    Be without both hands or without both arms.
    Be without one or both legs.
    Be wholly or almost wholly without the use of both hands or arms and wholly or almost wholly without the use of one leg.
    Have the medical condition of dwarfism and have serious difficulties of movement of the lower limbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Do you need to obtain a Primary Medical Cert for the full motorised grant as well?

I cant see it in the rules....

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/transport_and_disability/motorised_transport_grant.html

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Do you need to obtain a Primary Medical Cert for the full motorised grant as well?

I cant see it in the rules....

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/transport_and_disability/motorised_transport_grant.html[/QUOTE

Not sure what the exact criteria are for this grant are. Maybe a call to the HSE migt help.

Advertisement