Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTI, college interview

Options
  • 09-05-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

hi everyone,
    got a text today sayin i got an interview for GTI (Galway technical institute) next week!
    has anyone had an interview there before? could you tell me if its a casual or real strict interview generally?
    when i went to college last year the interview was real casual and i actually felt over dressed! i was wearing black trousers, black top, black cardigan, red flats and a red handbag but most of the others was wearing like jeans and tees.
    Also how long after your interview did u find out if you got a place or not?
    reason is coz i dont live in galway, im moving there anyway but if i get offered a place at GTI i can move somwhere close to it.
    Anyway im hoping to get into senior trade hairdressing, so if anyone done this course or even has any interview tips, any helpful info, wud be much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'll need to give me a clue as to what GTI is before I can move it to an appropriate forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

oh right sorry
    its a college in Galway city
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Hi, i had an interview there 2 years ago and it was fairly casual. They just want to find out if have a real interest of the course. They will also ask you questions about what you know about the course and how you would like to progress after the course. Thats about it really.

I also have an interview with them on the 24th of May for Construction Studies/Environmental studies.

Best of luck! :)

yeah good luck too you aswell brembo26, mines on the 19th may,
    did they only let you know about your interview by text?

yeah that calmed me down a bit now, them questions are alright
    did you get accepted after your last interview? what was the place like,
    oh yeah, is it easy to find from the city? ive never been there before
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

bensonx wrote: »
    yeah good luck too you aswell brembo26, mines on the 19th may,
    did they only let you know about your interview by text?

yeah that calmed me down a bit now, them questions are alright
    did you get accepted after your last interview? what was the place like,
    oh yeah, is it easy to find from the city? ive never been there before
    thanks

Thanks!

They sent me a text and an e-mail and im sure they will send something by post as well. Yup i got accepted last time but couldnt take it because of other stuff that came up :P Kicking myself that i didn't go for it but sure what can you do. Its a nice enough place, it used to be a secondary school years ago so it would have typical size class rooms and all that. the main hall has been converted into a decent enough canteen, all the high tables have ipads fixed to them and there is wifi throughout the building. Its about 10 minute walk from eyre square. If you were to walk from Jurys inn (across from the spanish arch) head out of town direction and it will be right in front of you in about 5 mins.

• Advertisement

oh right yeah that sounds alrite, within walking distance and all
    yeah i never got an email. i was expecting one like and i was pretty sure id get something by post but nothing yet,
    anyway thats great info brembo thanks very much and i hope you get the place, i hope i get a place too though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 achew

oh right yeah that sounds alrite, within walking distance and all
    yeah i never got an email. i was expecting one like and i was pretty sure id get something by post but nothing yet,
    anyway thats great info brembo thanks very much and i hope you get the place, i hope i get a place too though lol

I also have my interview on the 23rd in GTI im from galway but would still like to hear from people who have done an interview>>?:)

hi achew, yeah ill put a post after ive done my interview, tell you how i get on and how it was,
    what course are you going for? if you dont mind me asking that is lol
    can you tell me if i have these directions correct to the college as im not from galway, although i know it okay like, well im going to park somewhere and walk from shop street because i think its easier for me,
    :eek:
    walk down shop street, when it splits take the left side and just keep going straight, go over the bridge and head on up that road,
    is that correct?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 achew

Hey
    The course im going for is fashion design.. whats yours? your directions are spot on, once you go over the bridge you cant miss it..
    Are u moving up here from far? im sure youl settle in perfect...
    Interview wise i got a email, text and letter. letter stating i should print birth cert(copy and original) and 2 passport photos. arrive 20mins early
    :D

oh right thats cool , im going for hairdressing senior trade,
    oh thats great then if the directions are alright
    yeah i got the letter now today, i thought i was going be left with just the text for a few days, it says to bring birth cert, passport photos and exam results, did it say for you to bring exam results also?
    yeah im going to be moving from athlone, but im alright with galway, i dont know it really well but the main points i know,
    are you all set for your interview now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Anne01

hi achew, yeah ill put a post after ive done my interview, tell you how i get on and how it was,
    what course are you going for? if you dont mind me asking that is lol
    can you tell me if i have these directions correct to the college as im not from galway, although i know it okay like, well im going to park somewhere and walk from shop street because i think its easier for me,
    :eek:
    walk down shop street, when it splits take the left side and just keep going straight, go over the bridge and head on up that road,
    is that correct?
    thanks

ya thats the right directions :) .. ive also applied for the art portfolio preparation course im hoping to hear from them june 26th i had my interview a while ago i think it went well the woman doin the interview was lovely it was very much at ease ... good luck with your hairdressing course isnt it? .. i hear its a tough one to get into because theres so many applying i have 2 friends who hav also applied for the hairdressing course in GTI good luck though hope you get a place and it all works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anne01

Has anyone applied for the Art portfolio preparation course? .. or has anyone done the course before what are your opinions of it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jade193

Hi guys I have applied for the fashion industry practice and I was wondering is there any preparation I should do and what questions will be asked? also what's the dress code like for the interview you may have done it in the past or know somebody who has! thanks

Advertisement