Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Aid reminder

Options
  • 09-05-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a website that gives you the ability to brush up on your first aid knowledge before you hit the outdoors.

I have the worlds worst memory and although I've done a course or two, have some books and try to remember it all, it just keeps disappearing.

A site with the main points of CPR, hyperthermia, drowning, heart attack etc to put it back in the mind on the Friday whilst I'm at my computer at work would be very handy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

i jsut use my notes but there are a few good vids on youtube also you could check out this guide - http://www.scribd.com/doc/19590831/First-Aid-Guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

I am a big fan of having a medical field guide in my first aid kit that has all of those topics.

Here is one that I hand out with some of my REC 2 courses.
    Pocket First Aid

This PDF book has a tremendous amount of advanced medical information if you want to stretch your medical knowledge.
    Survival Medicine

This is textbook that we use that is a great source for wilderness medicine.
    Wilderness First Responder

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

find a girlfriend who does not suffer from the giggles (your own by choice) and get some practice in. courses only give a starting point. to commit something to solid memory, hands-on practice is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisJefferies

Thanks for the info folks.

I'll have a read of those links.

Regards,

Chris

Advertisement