Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futura Oven Grill problem

Options
  • 09-05-2011 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys,

just looking for some help with a problem with the grill on our oven. To give you a bit of background, we were using the grill and there was a power failure, once we turned the electricity back on the grill no longer worked.

The rest of the oven works fine, in fact the element for the upper heat in the oven works fine, it's simply just the grill element that doesn't work.

Any advice on what needs fixing, is it the element (grill) that needs replacing or is it something wrong with the thermostat etc? Plus, is it possibly a DIY job or do I need to get an expert out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Hi guys,

just looking for some help with a problem with the grill on our oven. To give you a bit of background, we were using the grill and there was a power failure, once we turned the electricity back on the grill no longer worked.

The rest of the oven works fine, in fact the element for the upper heat in the oven works fine, it's simply just the grill element that doesn't work.

Any advice on what needs fixing, is it the element (grill) that needs replacing or is it something wrong with the thermostat etc? Plus, is it possibly a DIY job or do I need to get an expert out.

Thanks

Sounds like the element gone , probably from a power surge , when the power came back on,
    Take it out, and connect 240V directly onto the end terminals, if it doesn't heat its defiantly the element.

you probably got it fixed since, looking at the post date.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭davejacko

Just wondering if you got a replacement for your futura grill element. My element is broken and I'm looking to replace it but can't find one online? Any advise?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Advertisement