Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdowns roster post draft

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, Christian loses out immediately. I realise they needed a transition Champ, but why not let him have it until the PPV? I presumed we would have actually seen a Christian heel turn on that SD in order to hold the title.

I was amused by Josh saying that its the forst world title in Christians life.

I enjoyed that SD for the most part. I need to watch it with Sky+ though, as the "in the vault" section annoys me.

If SD is booked cleverly though, we could see some decent action. The roster, while lacking genuine star power, looks half decent. Danielson, Seamus, Sin Cara, Christian, Kidd (if given a chance), Cody, DiBiase, Corre, in addition to Orton and Taker could do some interesting stuff.

Will it happen? Doubtful. I fear we will see a lot of Khali and Henry :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

They gave Swagger a few weeks and he proved he couldnt carry the title. Could they not have done the same with Christian?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

smilerf wrote: »
    They gave Swagger a few weeks and he proved he couldnt carry the title.

What did Swagger do wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

smilerf wrote: »
    They gave Swagger a few weeks and he proved he couldnt carry the title. Could they not have done the same with Christian?

SO wrong:

screenshot17vz.jpg

Clearly he was over as **** here. Then he was booked to ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is it me or is Sin Cara's matches just him going out there doing his spots.Chavo was awful on commentary on about his innovation when the only spots he does that get a reaction is Eddie's old spots.

They are just getting across his style, like how they used old style squash matches used to get guys' characters across.

On watching the WHC match, they really did emphasize the whole idea of Christian putting his title on the line so soon. So they may be building an angle based around the vengeful 17 year veteran forced into defending his title days after his victorious ladder match. If, so I don't mind this angle.

In a time where logical booking was the norm, this would be a chance for a great angle. Though all of that remains to be seen. Particularly given the 6 year long stretch of failed pushes, aborted angles and other bizarre booking decisions the WWE have been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

So they may be building an angle based around the vengeful 17 year veteran forced into defending his title days after his victorious ladder match. If, so I don't mind this angle.

thats the same angle that ron killings is doing on raw atm so i can't see them doing it on both brands, then again they are doing exact same angle with mason ryan on raw and zeke on sd so you never know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

rossie1977 wrote: »
    thats the same angle that ron killings is doing on raw atm so i can't see them doing it on both brands, then again they are doing exact same angle with mason ryan on raw and zeke on sd so you never know
    Perhaps they are just going on the hope that people only watch one show or the other. Aiming low and all that :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Denny M wrote: »
    Perhaps they are just going on the hope that people only watch one show or the other. Aiming low and all that :pac:

Considering they are also teasing another Del Rio vs Rey feud, I think we can say thats true...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have to say I really did enjoy smackdown.

I won't deny I wish WWE didn't take the title off Christian but I did find the way it happened very interesting.

So too the show:
    They made Christians initial title win and the subsequent loss seem really big and important. The titkle match itself broiugh back memories of old smackdown where you were guranteed good wrestling in ring action each week.

Cody Rhodes Dr Doom routine is still going strong.

The Danielson v Sheamus match was good also and the ending I though was very very smart.

The Corre, Jackson breakdown could be interesting. The Corre could still be a great group if wwe go back to Barrett being the leader.

Sin Cara was in another good showcase, but i'm not sure about his finisher. I am glad chavo will be working with Cara as he is underutilised by WWE.

Kharma's entrance, music and actions are really going down well.

So if we are going to get a show of that quality each week I will be avoiding spoilers and hoping the tennis end on freaking time:pac:

Smackdown looks like it will be my favourite show for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sheamus buryed Daniel Bryan , hopefully thats the the end of the fued and he can go on to challenge for the world title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Sheamus buryed Daniel

THIS AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Sheamus buryed Daniel Bryan , hopefully thats the the end of the fued and he can go on to challenge for the world title.

How? They had a competitive match and Bryan lost. Losing does not equal burying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Good show. First time I've cared about Ezekiel Jackson since he was tagging with The Brian Kendrick and both he and the rest of The Corre came off strong.

Said it was a shame about Christian's short reign but the show was built around him, and the final shot being his walking up the ramp would suggest they're going somewhere with it beyond getting the title on Orton ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If Daniel Bryan losing a competitive match against Sheamus is a burial then what the hell is Big Show losing cleanly to a rookie ?:pac:

Seriously though no harm was done to Bryan.

The whole show was actually quite good, it was quite difficult to decide who was sexier in the Layla and Alicia match but after much deep thought, I decided Layla.:o

Chavo would be a decent opponent for Sin Cara, he is a good veteran who will know how to how make him look even better than he is.

I am still a little annoyed about Christian losing the title but I am curious and hopeful that it may lead to something interesting. Its an improvement compared to Raw where Miz and Cena have been feuding for what feels like an eternity.

Only complaint and its very minor, its a shame they won't do anything with Kidd, the lad can work especially to big bad DH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Think the guy was saying that Sheamus has won that feud not a burial at all but it's hard to see where Bryan will go from here.Hope he doesn't have to wrestle a dud like Henry or Khali.

Think the guy was saying that Sheamus has won that feud not a burial at all but it's hard to see where Bryan will go from here.Hope he doesn't have to wrestle a dud like Henry or Khali.

Bryan is seen as a useful mid carder who can have a good match with anybody. He has nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder who will be next to feud with Cody maybe Ted Jnr, Kidd, Bryan and even add in IC champion Barrett and have them all feud for the IC title

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder who will be next to feud with Cody maybe Ted Jnr, Kidd, Bryan and even add in IC champion Barrett and have them all feud for the IC title

I had a look at the Smackdown roster and it doesn't look like there are many Face wrestlers. So Bryan v Cody can't be too far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from the SD results thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Having recovered from the initial anger/disappointment at Christian losing the belt so quickly, and having actually watched SD - I must say that I really enjoyed the show and it looks set to be very interesting going forward.

Christian's title reign and then loss was treated as a massive deal so I'd be hopeful that he will be involved in the main event scene on SD moving forward. He would obviously be much better off if this loss is used as a springboard to greater things, rather than having his reign be a forgettable 2-month stint before a return to the mid-card.

A short little feud with Chavo will be a nice starter for Sin Cara. I'd like to see more of Tyson Kidd too, although his hair is ridiculous.

Cody Rhodes continues to be hugely entertaining, they could put him opposite Ted DiBiase for a while in a former Legacy partners angle. Or he could move on to face Sin Cara after he is done with Chavo.

The breakdown of The Corre was well executed, although I'm not sold on the potential of Big Zeke as a face.

With the guys above and Sheamus, Daniel Bryan and Yoshi Tatsu on the roster we should get some good matches on the Blue brand this year. I'd also expect to see a few new guys debut shortly, similar to del Rio last year.

• Advertisement

IMO I think Wade needs a decent one on one feud either with Zeke but better if it was with Bryan for the IC title

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I think pairing Sin Cara with Chavo is a great move by WWE. Chavo will be able to keep up with the fast pace Mexican style and be able to teach Cara how to wrestle the WWE way at the same time. It could lead to some good wrestling matches.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I had a look at the Smackdown roster and it doesn't look like there are many Face wrestlers. So Bryan v Cody can't be too far away.

Yea could that mean a face turn for someone? Maybe DiBiase and a proper feud with him and Cody could be great

Yea could that mean a face turn for someone? Maybe DiBiase and a proper feud with him and Cody could be great

I'd keep Cody as a heel, he is doing great in his current gimmick, he is coming off an a great feud with Rey so I hope WWE dont f*ck and continue with his push

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd keep Cody as a heel, he is doing great in his current gimmick, he is coming off an a great feud with Rey so I hope WWE dont f*ck and continue with his push

Cody will stay a heel for the foreseeable future. I meant DiBiase as a face seeing as he worked as a face in a dark match against Daivari at last weeks SD taping. DiBiase has no personality so I can see him struggling as a face - maybe if they portrayed him as a sound guy trying to get his former friend back on track it could work. BTW, Daivari could be an interesting addition to the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ya poor choices of words on my part , I meant that now he's beaten Bryan clean 4 or 5 times maybe he can move back to a main event run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Daivari is back? Since when?

gimmick wrote: »
    Daivari is back? Since when?

He just had a dark match tryout, no deal done or anything AFAIK.

Advertisement