Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to shave genitals?

Options
  • 09-05-2011 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if any of you lads could help me out with the best way, or best product to shave my genital area.

I already do this but am unhappy with the results, irritation, redness and not as smooth as I would like.

So people, any tips or products?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If shaving doesnt agree with you have you considered waxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Electric trimmer. have one with different heads i.e. nose trimmer, beard, and 2 for hair. Use one for sideburns and excess facial hair. Other for genital area. works wonders. But just make sure you don't mix up the heads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

what exactly is being shaved?
    I dont shave the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Best way ----> Very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

The missus has cream that is hair removal can't remember the name of it, begins with a Z I think. I use that and then trim the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Philipa Bodygroom - I swear by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Gillette Fusion... living dangerously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

ive never shaved but if i was id just shave above the d1ck, goin near the balls seems insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

While having a shower, plenty of dove and then moisturiser afterwards for a few hours.... be carefull with a new blade, you dont want to find out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

Hair removal cream is best. Just don't leave it on longer than the box says or you'll end up with a nice chemical burn...

But if you are determined to shave, using talcum powder rather than foam/gel/soap and water is much easier. Shaving your balls in the shower is a recipe for disaster; a dry shave with powder should result in fewer mishaps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Be prepared for lots of itching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

You're all panzies. Take a cheap disposable razor, hop in the shower, soap the fúck up and go for it. Personally, Im more afraid of shaving my neck then I am my genitals. Nick your sack.. oh, it stings - 20 seconds later you've forgotten about it. You nick the wrong part of your neck and you'll end up with a jugular acting like a super soaker.

The only advice that I can offer that will make it easier is have a HOT shower. Really give your bits a hot soak to soften the hair up and make the re-growth easier to manage.

You'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

well getting "the job" done in a couple of weeks so will be shaving & "snipping" some hair myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

delw wrote: »
    well getting "the job" done in a couple of weeks so will be shaving & "snipping" some hair myself ;)

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

For best manscaping results, I use a scissors first to cut the hair and then a fusion really delicately for smoothness

Seriously! I do it in the shower too to avoid mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

what about ingrowing hair when the it starts to grow again. These can be a freaking nightmare.

I usually just lather up in the shower and run a mach 3 over and below. Did have a mishap last year and now have a cool V shaped scar on my coin purse!!

Funny story how I got into shaving down there too but that for another day...........

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

just trimin it every now and then does the trick, buy a body trimmer they are cheap enough and handy for sideburns and back hair for those of us who are silverback gorillas in the concrete jungle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Johnny Favourite

Jesus, just jump in the shower with a fusion and shave the shiit out of it. Job done.

I've been doing it for years and have never had an accident.

Advertisement