Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emerald Flowsion

Options
  • 09-05-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭

Having spent the weekend watching a lot of puroresu in particular Misawa and Kobashi's many epics I am suitably bowled over...

I'm not gonna start preaching about the beauty of it all, I just wanna throw out there, I wonder who comes up with the ridiculously good names they give these moves??! Far as I can tell somebody actually invented the word flowsion to describe that move!? What the hell like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Having spent the weekend watching a lot of puroresu in particular Misawa and Kobashi's many epics I am suitably bowled over...

I'm not gonna start preaching about the beauty of it all, I just wanna throw out there, I wonder who comes up with the ridiculously good names they give these moves??! Far as I can tell somebody actually invented the word flowsion to describe that move!? What the hell like?

Good to have another puro fan on the board. No company ever came close to the boidy of great matches AJPW produced in the 90's.

Non idea about the names of the moves tbh. Sometimes I think they might even come from the way the Japanese pronounce their words tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I hope you had to time to catch some of Kawada's epics too?

Discovering Puro for the first time is incredible, it's just so different and eye-opening from the American style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I remember the first time I saw Misawa pull out the emerald flowsion, and for weeks I kept debating about what the name of the move was! Foursion, fusion, foosion, even frozen and floor show! Why I didn't just look up wiki I'll never know.

Emerald Floor Show sounds like a great name for a tribute musical to puro though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Japanese culture especially Japanese youth culture is obsessed with American things. In Japan English words have a cool factor to them so they just love chucking a cupla focal here and there often randomly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Is it not called the Emerald Fusion? Used to have that as my finisher in all the old wrestling games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

i think that and the tiger driver 90 or 91 Im not a 100% on the correct name for it but the first time i saw that i was blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Ha yeah, tiiiigah driiivah kee bee jee!!! Looks killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5kpZ9xPhPY

Advertisement