Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattery in cork

Options
  • 08-05-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

has anyone used a cattery near cork city recently? if so, can you provide a recommendation. We need to leave a kitten for two nights, will catteries take him if he hasn't been neutered yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

the vets at the fingerpost in douglas " the animal care hospital" have a cattery attached to the business. i believe its a tenner an night. unneutered i wouldnt see as a problem but unvaccinated might be but give them a ring at 021 489 3033 and they would say what they do take. they have a website and facebook page that should show what it looks like. of course other vets probably do the same service these days.
    Also crag clo is a small cattery in the lough area 021-4318874, 087-4166695.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi

out cats have stayed with the Fingerpost vets over Christmas, their space was quite basic but obviously they were very safe with vets on site etc, so would recommend them. I think they also have some nicer sections as well - probably it was the busiest time of the year anyhow. Your cat will need to be vaccinated
    link to their site: http://www.animalcarehospital.ie/index.php

I also know a vet nurse who does cat sitting, pm me if you need the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

Thanks for that guys. I booked in to the one in the lough after speaking to a very strange lady in blarney first.anyone can pm if if you want to know which cattery im talking about:D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Blissy

Does anyone know of a cattery that will take in unvaccinated kittens? My kitten is only just eight weeks old and I'm going away for two weeks, have someone who will pop in and feed him every day but as he is so young I feel its unfair to leave him alone for so long.

Where are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lily4

I've used Kitty Cove in Robert's Cove before. A lovely small cattery. Very nice owner, would definitely use it again if I needed to.

I had a great experience with that cattery in The Lough. The kitten was really small, he had his first vaccination at the time but not the second. She just asked for the vets name so she could check that.She might be worth a go. She actually brought him in to her own house coz of his size, thought that was sweet:rolleyes:

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm in Cork city but I don't mind travelling. Kitty, do you mind me asking how much it cost per day? I have been quoted up to 11 euro, which I think is a bit steep as I am planning on leaving him for 2 weeks. I'll get him vaccinated this week so hopefully I can get him in somewhere nice.

its only e5 a night for a small kitten/cat. Yeah, e11 is a bit steep alright. They are an elderly couple and are just crackers about cats!! Went on a weeks holidays and felt very comfortable about leaving him.Hope you have luck finding one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WINNIE1981

http://www.happycats.ie/4678.html

If you are still looking Happy Cats near Coachford is the best I've come across. The cages are outside, so the cats get lots of fresh air and lots to look at. the lady there is lovely and she texts every couple of days to let you know how the cats is getting on lol:D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help. Managed to get him into Crag Clo cattery for a few days so he should be happy out. :)

Advertisement