Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Dawes Duchess or similar

Options
  • 08-05-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for a 17" Dawes Duchess or similar for the GF to commute with.
    Will consider something similar preferable dutch style, 3 to 7 gears, step through frame & mudguards.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FoghornLeghorn

Just sent you a private message on this-meant to just reply here.

I have a 17" Dawes Duchess (dark purple). I got it last Sept/Oct new and it hasn't really been used as much as I'd have liked.
    It's in great condition.

It's a lovely bike and I'm only selling it because I'm going away for the year and need the money to get a bike while I'm away.

It due a service so I could get that done soon.

Let me know how much you were looking to pay.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

I'd be interested in this if poster doesn't come back to you.
    How much and where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I'm also interested in this bike for my wife if first poster pulls out. Please let me know. Cash waiting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'll need to check with her but I'd imagine €150 - €180 depending on condition. She worked out that on the BTW scheme it would cost her €260 after tax savings new, but didn't want to buy new as it'll be left outside quite a bit.

Is it a 17" frame? Where can it be seen?

Thanks - HappyHarry

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the interest but I was looking to get a bit more than that for it-it's not that old and is in really good condition.
    I think new they're about €395.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I saw one in the a shop in Rathmines a couple of weeks ago for €380, for a brand new bike with full guarantee and free first service.

I can see why you'd be reluctant to sell if you didn't avail of the BTW scheme when buying, but just can't justify offering much more. Offer is dependent on inspection, and assuming it needs a service.

What figure did you have in mind?
    Hi Luke,

Thanks for the interest but I was looking to get a bit more than that for it-it's not that old and is in really good condition.
    I think new they're about €395.

Thanks

A lot of dilly dally going on here!!!

I will put a spoke in and offer 240 subject to inspection. I can service it myself after that!

Where are u based?

Sorry if it's not going fast enough for you.
    Feel free to start your own wanted thread!!!

I started this one, so I'll take first refusal on whatever price is asked thanks, as yet still waiting for an asking price, and where poster is based.
    ckeego wrote: »
    A lot of dilly dally going on here!!!

I will put a spoke in and offer 240 subject to inspection. I can service it myself after that!

Where are u based?

Sorry for the delay guys! I just saw all the posts.

I'm based in south Dublin-near Stillorgan but can meet in city centre if it's handier.

I don't really want to go too much under €300 for the bike though I'm afraid. I just got it serviced at the weekend and it's in great condition. (I didn't get it on the Bike To Work Scheme so paid full price :( ).

It's never been left out in the weather (always kept in shed).

I've got it on adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/beautiful-dawes-duchess-bike-for-sale-300-ono/602632

Sorry to hog your thread!

Hi FoghornLeghorn,

Thanks for your reply. Can't do €300.
    Have asked the GF, and she said she'd would stretch to €250 if it's in as new condition - so pending inspection tyre condition etc.

She can come to Stillorgan anytime tomorrow with cash, if that suits please PM, otherwise good luck with the sale.

Sorry for the delay guys! I just saw all the posts.

I'm based in south Dublin-near Stillorgan but can meet in city centre if it's handier.

I don't really want to go too much under €300 for the bike though I'm afraid. I just got it serviced at the weekend and it's in great condition. (I didn't get it on the Bike To Work Scheme so paid full price :( ).

It's never been left out in the weather (always kept in shed).

I've got it on adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/beautiful-dawes-duchess-bike-for-sale-300-ono/602632

Sorry to hog your thread!

• Advertisement

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Sorry if it's not going fast enough for you.
    Feel free to start your own wanted thread!!!

I started this one, so I'll take first refusal on whatever price is asked thanks, as yet still waiting for an asking price, and where poster is based.

Well...I think that if you look at the forum rules, regardless of whom started the thread, first offer stands!:)

That said, the bike is 365 euro brand new, so I won't be going North of 250 either.

Enjoy!

Sorry for late reply.

HappyHarry I can't actually meet tomorrow evening anymore-sorry. Can I pm you tomorrow with details of when I'd be available to meet?

Can you let me know when suits her too?

ckeego-if this doesn't work out, you get second refusal?

Sure. Send me a PM and we'll arrange something.

Advertisement