Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Sizes and Uploads

Options
  • 08-05-2011 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi guys, I was just wondering what sort of filesize people get for their videos?
    Both on console and PC, for about a 5 min video?
    Also, How long are the uploads and render times of these videos?
    Eircom myself, it takes about 100 mins to upload a 500mb video.

Thanks, EmatoelDiablo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It can be quite subjective though, all depends on video resolution, bitrates and other factors, and also depends on the file format etc.

For example, my raw console files come in at near under 1GB a minute, while all my FRAPS files are a near-constant 4GB every 2 minutes.

Render times can also vary wildly. I can't remember the details the last time I rendered out a plain video; right now my 720p, multiple video track, effects etc. videos are coming in about an hour of render time for 3 minutes of footage, that from a Core i5-750 working at about 70%.

Advertisement