Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is what I feel normal

Options
  • 08-05-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

I will try and keep this short. My grandad passed away less than two weeks ago, and then exactly a week later, my mam was taken to hospital and she really isnt well. She has way to many things to name. Lets just say its not looking good. It was my mothers dad that passed away. Most of my mothers illness is from years of alcohol abuse and smoking. My dad passed away several years ago, and she went downhill from there.
    To add to all this, my brother is on drugs and needs help, and my mother was also a career for my younger sister.
    Okay so this leads to myself, I have suffered with depression and anxiety for years now, and for the most part, I am fine. Its just the last week, I am so angry and irratated, I snap for anything, I feel a ball of anger inside, and I want to scream, I get so wound up and sweaty and takes me ages to calm down. I have a little girl and everything she does is annoying me at the moment, she is a handful at times, but with me being like this it is making it worse.
    My question is, is this normal how I feel? I have been so busy looking after everyone else,
    that I am exhausted, and feel so lost.

thank you for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi, is there anyone else who felt like this?? or share their experience?
    hi,

I will try and keep this short. My grandad passed away less than two weeks ago, and then exactly a week later, my mam was taken to hospital and she really isnt well. She has way to many things to name. Lets just say its not looking good. It was my mothers dad that passed away. Most of my mothers illness is from years of alcohol abuse and smoking. My dad passed away several years ago, and she went downhill from there.
    To add to all this, my brother is on drugs and needs help, and my mother was also a career for my younger sister.
    Okay so this leads to myself, I have suffered with depression and anxiety for years now, and for the most part, I am fine. Its just the last week, I am so angry and irratated, I snap for anything, I feel a ball of anger inside, and I want to scream, I get so wound up and sweaty and takes me ages to calm down. I have a little girl and everything she does is annoying me at the moment, she is a handful at times, but with me being like this it is making it worse.
    My question is, is this normal how I feel? I have been so busy looking after everyone else,
    that I am exhausted, and feel so lost.

thank you for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

Hello all of what you have described is entirely normal for the child of an alcoholic. Remember it is not your fault. The only thing that helped me was Al-anon (google it and you will be able to find meetings in your county). Also counselling helped enormously, if your doctor is good go and see them , do not get medication, but ask for counselling. PM me if you want to know anymore. Best wishes

Advertisement