Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the longford metal crew?

Options
  • 08-05-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Ive been living in the town for almost a year and I see a fair few metallers on the street but never in the pub. I put on a rock nite there a while back and even that didnt attract many people.

Wheres the longford metal crew?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Where was the metal night? I reckon a lot of them might be up in college, so spend most of their time in different parts of the country.

And a lot of the metalheads that I know don't tend to go to the pub all that often, I go the odd time, but it's harder as of late with exams rolling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ArdRi79

Denny M wrote: »
    Where was the metal night? I reckon a lot of them might be up in college, so spend most of their time in different parts of the country.

And a lot of the metalheads that I know don't tend to go to the pub all that often, I go the odd time, but it's harder as of late with exams rolling around.

Yeah pub prices are a pox Denny most metallers in the town being college heads would explain why Im seeing em on the street but not in the locals.

The metal night was on in the redroom before it closed there last year. It wasnt bad, about 30 heads turned up mostly people I met while I was putting up posters or bouncing in from blue. 30 seemed horrifyingly low to me but the foleys were lookin to have me do it in their place... If the heads were around itd be good to have a mini mosh in the beer garden or somethin.

I hear the place had a savage metal scene a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

ArdRi79 wrote: »
    I hear the place had a savage metal scene a few years ago.

Ha! Where on earth did you hear that? :pac:

I heard it from a fibbers regular who grew up here in 80s/90s garfieldsghost. He said there used to be a great metal club here that people would travel from the surrounding counties to get to...

Ive heard from other people that the red room was the venue for regular rock gigs with local bands fairly recently. Is that all bollox?

A bit before my time, but I never heard of a metal club in the town - I can't even think of any places in town at that time that would've hosted one.

As for the Red Room... the bands that played there were the likes of Big Generator and Blue Moose. They'd play the likes 'Thunderstruck' or 'Enter Sandman' and one or two obvious numbers but that would be the height of it. There was a local band called Das Boot that played there a few times, who would also throw in a Rammstein cover here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

There was a local band called Das Boot that played there a few times, who would also throw in a Rammstein cover here and there.

Loved Das Boot meself . .Here's a link to a live recording of one track.

http://www.myspace.com/dasbootband/music/songs/Back-In-Slacks-14002735

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Are "Epic" still going? They used to do thier share of metal numbers..

Das boot! Das be savage! :D \m/

Theres another metal nite booked for PV's too. DJ's from Fibber Maggees rock bar in Dublin... 25th of June. The Red Room. Are yiz up for it?

ArdRi79 wrote: »
    Das boot! Das be savage! :D \m/

Theres another metal nite booked for PV's too. DJ's from Fibber Maggees rock bar in Dublin... 25th of June. The Red Room. Are yiz up for it?

Which Fibbers? There's two now! :D

Doubt I'll be around on the 25th...

Which Fibbers? There's two now! :D

Doubt I'll be around on the 25th...

The original fibbers :P

Ah thats ****e man it wouldve ben cool to meet someone new from Longford. Should be a good sesh anyway theres a few heads comin down from Dublin for it + a few local heads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll probably be around for that anyway.

I'll probably be around for that anyway.

Good man yerself Denny M \m/ Sesh on!

Heres the facebook group for the rock nite

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=134550913288281.

The poster looks savage

Passed on the link to a friend on FB, so that's at least one more going.

Passed on the link to a friend on FB, so that's at least one more going.

Good man the Denny \m/

Advertisement