Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dressage for kids

Options
  • 08-05-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Does anyone know if there are any competions or training dressage shows for kids on in the midlands western area not involving pony club!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Sure any unaffliated dressage show would include kids. I did a few recently and there were kids in my class.

Why not involve them with the PC?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

notsobusy wrote: »
    Why not involve them with the PC?

Some PCs are better than others at encouraging all members to take part in competitions, while others only want 'competitive' children representing them.

It also depends on the child - PC doesn't suit everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 champie

PCs are better than others at encouraging all members to take part in competitions, while others only want 'competitive' children representing them.

It also depends on the child - PC doesn't suit everybody.[/QUOTE]

Tried pony club and will not be going back too much politics and not enough time encouraging kids to enjoy having fun with ponies

My child also felt the same had no interest in rejoining was very disheartened by the experience of pony club as was I:mad: I did pony club as a kid and had a ball at it :)

when are unaffiliated shows listed is there a web site?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

What about joining a neighbouring PC that isn't so competitive?

You would have to find out what equestrian centres are near you then ring them or check out their websites. Facebook is very good like that, you could see if the EC has a FB page and check that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rstax

The yard I go to has both unaffiliated and DI shows and always has a walk and trot test, and an U12s test.. Always a great atmosphere between everyone, kids and adults.. Just had one there afew weeks ago though.. Next planned one will be august i would day.. In donegal, near killybegs.. could give you the website for you to keep an eye if you wanted? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Hiya,

We understand what you mean by PC's, they just arent for everybody. I guess its hard to get a club to suit everyones needs but there are options out there. Can you tell us what county your in as you say midlands west but are you willing to drive distances? The reason I ask is your location is vague and to maybe point you in the right direction it would help people if you gave a little more info for example:

What county do you live in:
    How far are you prepared to drive:
    Is it weekly or monthly you'd like to go:
    Do you want to compete as well or just enjoy the lessons etc:

I hope I dont sound stern its just this info might help us or others point you to options.

Regards,

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 36 champie

Hi Eoghan
    I understand that I am vague on my location but that is so I don't get myself into trouble for saying some not so nice things about PC in my county if you know what I mean;)

I would probably only be able to go monthly to an event so really have no problem travelling to any of the following for the right atmosphere Galway Mayo Sligo Leitrim Roscommon Longford Cavan Westmeath I would go to shows, clinics, talks that where suitable for kids from 12yrs of age

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Check out the M&W region website - You can compete unregistered (€10 per test, plus €5 for temporary insurance).

http://midlandwesterndressage.com/schedule/schedule.php

Advertisement