Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical studies

Options
  • 08-05-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

where can i learn classical studies for the LC?
    i done it for my junior and i thought it was a great subject getting a C but i thought if i had put in more effort i could have got and B or A

i know the institute do it but does anybody know where i can do it maybe on Wednesday because i'm going to do applied maths on a Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I amn't sure of any places that do it on a wednesday...but I am doing applied maths on saturday next year in the Institute. While we're on that topic...you don't know when you can apply for that course do you? I was looking on the Institute website and it has only info on how to apply up for 2010-2011 not 2011-2012?!

You could maybe try teaching yourself classical studies...it can't be that hard to teach since it is similar to history?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

unfortually im not doing history either due to the way of my school timetable
    try trying to call the instute around august. that what i would try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

You could maybe try teaching yourself classical studies...it can't be that hard to teach since it is similar to history?

Computer says no. As it has the highest rate of failure for any leaving cert subject (when I was doing my LC in 2007 anyway), I'd advise against teaching yourself the subject.

It is not like the history course. While you may learn the conquests of Alexander the Great, you will also be likely study areas including art and architecture, poetry and classical literature, which is not akin to learning modern history. If you have an aptitude for it, go for it. I did it all through secondary school and absolutely adored it. Hope you find a way to learn this incredible subject OP.

i wouldnt teach myself it. For the junior they were teaching it for people expedient from irish. i don't know if they will do it next year or not because of budget cuts. it is a great subject . the reason why i want to do it is because i done it for my junior and i know the course is different but its the same idea. old , old , kinda true history.

it dosent have to be Wednesday. dose anyone know anywhere that does it . my main prob with the insititute is that getting to and from town is 45 min each way . that an hour and a half a week wasted around may of 2013

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

They made it easier, less questions to answer. Was my fave subject by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Real_World?

Ashfield College in Templelogue.

There is a guy there who taught the subject who was brilliant. He broke the course down so easily to understand. Can't remember his name though.

Ashfield College in Templelogue.

There is a guy there who taught the subject who was brilliant. He broke the course down so easily to understand. Can't remember his name though.

thought of that place but didnt they run into debt and closed up the place.
    ashfield would be handy for be because i go to templeogue college.

i posted about 2 months ago "does anybody know the new name for ashfield"

i heard they the re opened under a different name . any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

bpb101 wrote: »
    i know the institute do it but does anybody know where i can do it maybe on Wednesday because i'm going to do applied maths on a Saturday

FYI it's on a Friday evening in the Institute, 5:30 to 7pm.
    The commute is a b*tch but you can always study on the bus. That's what I do.

well its wount be too bad for me because i live only in tallaght
    so i wouldn't be too bad but still
    also i dont think the insitute are doing it anymore
    http://www.ioe.ie/parttime/evening-saturday.html and go to subjects on lc 2011/2012

• Advertisement
Advertisement