Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Bird Guide App (kinda'!!) - Android Only

Options
  • 08-05-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭

I was looking for a field guide app and couldn't find one so decided to create one. Maybe some here might find it useful.

It's basically just displays the BirdWatch Ireland guide found here. You could also use your phone browser to do the same thing but I find this much handier. One click and you're there.

To zoom in/out just double tap your screen.

You will need a network connection to use it. I would like to make a version that can be used offline but I would need BWI's permission to copy data, redistribute photos, etc.
    Get it here:
    birdqr.jpg

or here... http://www.appsgeyser.com/21545

sc20110508133559.png

sc20110508133716.png

sc20110508133740.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Good idea, maybe if you get bored you can make it compatible with a Blackberry :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CorkNest

Scotty # wrote: »
    I would like to make a version that can be used offline but I would need BWI's permission to copy data, redistribute photos, etc.

you could add functionality to the app that allows the USER to download BWI's content when online and then view it offline later without the network.

Advertisement