Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foxes??

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all I just wanted to now what do ye do with the foxes body after shooting it as im looking to get into fox shooting but a little unsure in what to do with the body if I shoot any? Thanks!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

just throw it in the nearest ditch, nature will take care of the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

nearest burrow or ditch you can find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

niteowl84 wrote: »
    Hi all I just wanted to now what do ye do with the foxes body after shooting it as im looking to get into fox shooting but a little unsure in what to do with the body if I shoot any? Thanks!!

threw it in the nearest ditch
    bury it if you want
    Some farmers like to see you are killing foxes, hang it on the fence post or tree
    Make Hats;) { talk to Tack:D}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Most of us put it someplace out of the way where no one is likely to stumble across it. And let nature take it's corse.
    Discretion is key.
    Sometimes if you are doing some fox controle for a farmer he might want you to leave it for him to see and he will deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

dump him in the nearest that it wont be seen in and if the farmer wants proof cut off the tail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

It is best that you properly dispose of the carcass.

Watch when pegging in into the ditch - ensure there is no stream, brook, or watering hole for cattle nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Depends on what the farmer wants, and where we shoot the fox. Am I hell dragging a fox back to the doorstep if he's shot out on the hill, he'll be left in a quiet spot for the crows. If it's on fenced land, then back to the doorstep as evidence we're not snoozing on a hillock somewhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Sent to them to: The Green Party,
    16/17 Suffolk Street,
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland.

Im sure theyl see to it that they get a proper burial seems as they are so concerned about them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

FISMA wrote: »
    It is best that you properly dispose of the carcass.

Watch when peging in into the ditch - ensure there is no stream, brook, or watering hole for cattle nearby.

I try to get them ontop off a bush or in the trees for the above reason,Well said fisma.
    As the rest have mentioned put it somewhere which you can't see unless your looking for it, you would be surprised how many people are actual walking around fields these days, walking their dogs and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭mauser77

put it in the nearest ditch out of sight out of mind better that way than someone you wudnt want finding it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

All that's left after 4 days is a flat fox still full of maggots. I fairly sure it's the same fox, shot last June

Castlewarren23-07-2010.jpg

Castlewarrenfox5dayslater29-07-2010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Nature is the ultimate recycler!!!:D

Advertisement