Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can losing weight improve the health of your skin?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just a quick synopsis:

All my life, the parts of me that are regularly exposed to the sun, such as my face, neck, and forearms, have had lovely, sallow, clear skin.

The other parts of my body were always extremely pale, of a different complexion, tainted with reddish pigmentation or blemishes, and prone to acne. It looked like the skin of a different person.

About a year ago, I started losing a lot of weight healthily. My diet also improved, in that I removed processed food. Within a few months, the red bllemishes and acne issues, which I had had for over a decade, just vanished really quickly and have not come back. Now the sallow complexion of my face and forearms has returned to my chest, stomach, legs and back for the first time since childhood (29 now). I am delighted about this.

I'm just wondering what the medical explanation might be, bearing in mind that my skin was mank for years?
    Tagged:

Advertisement