Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online animal care course??

Options
  • 07-05-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi, i am really interested in doing an online course in animal care or veterinary assistant, i was wondering if anyone knows who provides such courses online or if anyone has done any of these courses. any info would be really great, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kissmybumper

Only similarish ones I've heard of are ITEC courses - but if you're going into behaviour I'd say decide on your views and do a little research first as there's loads of theories out there with different takes on 'punishment and reward'

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

I'm currently studying an animal welfare course with ELISTA http://www.elistaeducation.com/ It's once a month in Gurteen, Co. Tipperary. I find it very interesing. There's a FETAC qualification at the end if you wish to receive a qualification. I would love to study full time but things being what they are at the moment I'm working full time.

Kilester college also have an animal care course http://www.killestercollege.ie/index.asp?locID=33&docID=-1

Hope you find what you're looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

I'm not aware of any college offering online courses that lead to a FETAC Level 5/6 qualification in animal care (sometimes also referred to as veterinary assistant courses). This is due to the practical requirement to include animal handling classes in the course in order to gain a meaningful qualification.

As a previous poster indicated, you will find behaviour and welfare courses online but animal care courses in general don't really lend themselves to 100% online delivery.

Advertisement