Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of the better UFO videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Yeah, it really moves when it finally moves. An Irish comedian whose name escapes me used to say about the starship enterprise in Star trek : "Away like a greyhound.":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

Was that recent? Were there any other videos of it, from different parts of the locality do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Was that recent? Were there any other videos of it, from different parts of the locality do you know?

2006 according to youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Be it authentic or not,I think this is one of the better ones.
    Surely being able to see some detail would be 'better'. Not an easily faked smudge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Be it authentic or not,I think this is one of the better ones.

I think it may be a fly on the window, out of focus.

loldog wrote: »
    I think it may be a fly on the window, out of focus.

Nah, it's a deliberate fake. Flies don't behave like that. You see them working the edge of the window into shot a few times to create an illusion of depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Said to be a mother ship in Peru, couple miles across. Thoughts ?
    Quite difficult to fake, I would imagine..

My immediate reaction to that one is - again - how fake it looks. Firstly, it's a little suspicious that it appears in a gap in the clouds. If things this big were really out there, we'd have better evidence than this.

And the second thing is that if I were going to fake something like this, I'd use a simple blue-screen background (such as a blue sky) and then another colour as the foreground (white, for example) which my spaceship would be 'behind'. This is really simple to fake. If the background was a mountainside or something, it would be more difficult - not much more difficult, but it would take longer to produce. This single-colour background, single colour foreground method is about as easy as it gets, I reckon.

Notice also that there are no light effects going on - the miles wide spaceship throws no shadows on the clouds or anything.

On top of that, why is the person holding the camera shooting that gap in the clouds? And why don't the centre they UFO in the shot when it emerges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Yeah, I had some of the same thoughts after I posted it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

The big red circle they put around it helped me to see it:D

My immediate reaction to that one is - again - how fake it looks. Firstly, it's a little suspicious that it appears in a gap in the clouds. If things this big were really out there, we'd have better evidence than this.

And the second thing is that if I were going to fake something like this, I'd use a simple blue-screen background (such as a blue sky) and then another colour as the foreground (white, for example) which my spaceship would be 'behind'. This is really simple to fake. If the background was a mountainside or something, it would be more difficult - not much more difficult, but it would take longer to produce. This single-colour background, single colour foreground method is about as easy as it gets, I reckon.

Notice also that there are no light effects going on - the miles wide spaceship throws no shadows on the clouds or anything.

On top of that, why is the person holding the camera shooting that gap in the clouds? And why don't the centre they UFO in the shot when it emerges?

Shrewd analysis. I came across the above video when I was looking to see how many youtube users were convinced of the reality of the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Its so easy to fake these video's these days, i could do it myself if i was bothered, But since i saw a ufo myself twice i do think they are real but you just cant really believe anything you see in video's these days, a few days with boujou and any 3d app and you can whip up a convincing hoax and it'd look great in your showreel and job interview ;)

And considering how silent that video is as in no reaction from the guy filming it id assume its a total fake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I've seen better special effects on SyFy.

Advertisement